Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by otcmx
I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. But if it does, it's not the end of the world.
Positive thinking is the key!

Old 07-12-2015, 09:10 AM

is it possible to set the mmcs so that het video/on will work?

Old 07-13-2015, 03:26 PM

Try to say it in different words.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:00 PM

Ok guys, I made an account strictly for this thread. Haha

I read all 120 pages, as well as a few other threads. This has come with good and bad. Watching it from the start with Lexia/PP2000 through all the Diagbox updates.
This does leave me a bit confused.

I should have the programmer on the way. I will be focusing on most US models of Lancers.
I take it ETACS Decoder is greater than Diagbox now?
What all is needed for install these days?
Is Windows 8 supported?
Are the original settings saved in case you need to flash back to stock?
(How would you keep track of that one multiple cars?)
Did anyone ever figure out if the sunroof option worked on the Lancer?
What else should I know?

I feel like once the software is running and I am in the car I will be good, it's just getting there that seems tricky.
Not trying to repeat questions, I just think I over researched some. Not a bad thing though, learned a lot from the mistakes and what others have discovered.

Thank you!

Last edited by Blankskater08; 07-20-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 PM

ETACS decoder has been greater than diagbox since it was conceived.
Diagbox took an hour to install and used like 8 gigs of disk space.

I think ED will work on almost any hardware it seems pretty lightweight. I don't know if it supports Win 8 but I bet it does. Vad will eventually chime in with the answer.

It logs everything and there is a special string at the top of the screen you can copy and paste that contains all the settings of the car your working on and you can keep that anywhere you please.

I haven't installed the latest ver but the last one I used didn't have anything special to keep track of multiple cars.

If anyone knows about the sunroof Vad would.. I know it works on the Outlanders.

ETACS decoder is super easy to use. You just connect make sure it reads your coding string and VIN and then go through the options and set what you'd like and then encode and write... It tells you when to power cycle your car, etc.

One thing to note you _might_ get some warnings on your dash when you write your ETACS, this scared the crap out of me the first time but it goes away after a "reboot".

Also copy the coding string at the top as soon as it's read from your car. If anything goes wrong you can always paste it and return to the way it was before. This saved me once.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:24 PM

Definitely good to know. Sounds like ED is the way to go these days.
I know in the past you would have like 4 different programs to make this work. Haha

Now I registered on the ED page too.
Do you have to pay to download? I saw something about hits on the server, what is that about?

Just trying to get everything setup so I don't jump into it blind.

I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Blankskater08; 07-21-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 AM

I had issues with that due to lack of wifi in my garage (I don't know if it was just me or if it's fixed yet, I switched back to a legacy ver)

I think they allow a certain number of writes per day and then after that you need to pay a small fee as people were using it commercially I think it's like 4 or 5 which should do any single user but you can get a pack of "hits" for a few bucks.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:14 AM

Ok, so say I change 3 things and then write it. That's one hit, and you are allowed X number per day before you must buy more.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 AM

Yes. You pick all your settings and when you hit encode it sends your options to the server to generate the new config string and that is a hit.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:36 AM

Awesome, that's not bad then unless you are doing a lot of testing or a lot of cars.

Now.....to get wifi in the garage. Lol

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization