Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM

I'm guessing it should be called turbo present instead, since I believe it is high on the EVO and Ralliart. Likewise, all diesel engines are turbodiesel.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Got it - I thought for a while that it would change timing and/or fuel mix ratio etc and actually boost the power! Thanks for clearing that up :-)

For those who use diagbox 6.0+ what kind of interface do you have? Did you have to "reflash" te chips inside your diagnostic tool to get it to run with diagbox 6 and up? Mine didn't work with 6.06 and I had to downgrade the firmware inside of it. Been reading some other forums and many people talk a lot about different things, and from what I gathered (after hours of reading) is that if I have a certain version of the clone, I can't upgrade to the latest firmware (which diagbox automatically does when you run it) and have it work. And I'm not experienced with electronics.

Vadimus & galant2003 - did either of you have to do any of the electronic modifications and unsoldering that people have been doing to get your interfaces to work with diagbox 6.06?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by ProcessorHog
Got it - I thought for a while that it would change timing and/or fuel mix ratio etc and actually boost the power! Thanks for clearing that up :-)

For those who use diagbox 6.0+ what kind of interface do you have? Did you have to "reflash" te chips inside your diagnostic tool to get it to run with diagbox 6 and up? Mine didn't work with 6.06 and I had to downgrade the firmware inside of it. Been reading some other forums and many people talk a lot about different things, and from what I gathered (after hours of reading) is that if I have a certain version of the clone, I can't upgrade to the latest firmware (which diagbox automatically does when you run it) and have it work. And I'm not experienced with electronics.

Vadimus & galant2003 - did either of you have to do any of the electronic modifications and unsoldering that people have been doing to get your interfaces to work with diagbox 6.06?
No hardware modifications made to my interface - just a fw downgrading.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
No hardware modifications made to my interface - just a fw downgrading.

Thats it. Just downgrade the firmware to 4.2.4 with the the tool "PSA Interfacechecker" Update DiagBox V5.02 and V06.02

Then only plug in interface after starting DiagBox (when the the red fault-screen appears) or do this:

Search file "C:\AWRoot\bin\launcher\ap" open with editor and change "MAJ_COM = TRUE" to MAJ_COM = FALSE".

Diagbox will not update the interface anymore.

The "old" fw works well on my Outlander no problems like mentioned in a few forums.

Regards
galant2003

Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM

Excellent, Thank you Vadimus and galant2003 for confirming that it works with the downgraded firmware!

I was thinking to do the same but wasn't sure whether the downgraded firmware had some incompatibility (or worse, messed something up). I just downgraded my firmware and changed the .ini file not to upgrade - now off to do some more changes :-) I'm looking forward to the day they add support to the OurlanderSport clones (Peugeot 4008/Citroen C4 Aircross)

Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Default My settings

I put together a pdf with the settings on my Outlander Sport. I don't have the "customer options" in here - just the vehicle options, default parameters 1 and 2.

Download outlandersport-settings.pdf (don't click the big button - it's most likely going to be an ad. Use the "click here" small link on that page to download the file)

I also ran into a problem. I had the headlight deactivation set to Type-D - if you have the headlights in the ON position (not auto), it would turn off automatically when the engine is turned off and the driver's door is opened. I noticed that if I used diagbox make a change, it resets all the "customer options" like auto unlock, number of flashes while locking etc. But if I use PP2000 to re-do those settings, it takes away my auto headlight deactivation.

I'm going to play around a bit more tomorrow to see if I can have the headlight deactivation to stick.

If anyone else has their settings handy, could you please post it? It'd be interesting to do a comparison.

Last edited by ProcessorHog; 01-25-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM

Try to use C-Crosser and Lexia for Variantcoding (Standardparameters 1/2 an 2/2) and change customer-Options with 4007 and Diagtool. As you can read in the ASX-Service-Manual it is normal that any changes in Variantcoding reset the custumer-options.

The used type for auto headlight deactivation on my outlander and my ASX is B-Type. This turns off lights after 3 minutes of turn off the engine and 1 second after open the drivers door. So try this.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Outlander.zip (34.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by galant2003; 01-25-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM

As I can see in the coding list of the Outlander Sport, there are some options activated which are not activated on my European-Outlander. Can someone explain the function of:

Pre-Setting of Alarm and

Locating (Panic Alarm)

@ProcessorHog

Did you activate this functions?

Regards
galant2003

Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 PM

I've never been able to get it to scream loud like other cars.

I live in a congested area and share a big parking garage with other cars. Because of the noise issues, I have not tried the "locate" feature as well. I think the "locate"/panic alarm is the one that triggers when you press the small red button on the FAST key fob.

I think the "pre set alarm" activates the small round red blinking light right next to the passenger seatbelt off light on the dash. I initially tried setting some of the other alarm/siren functions on "default parameters 1" and "vehicle options", but those started giving me BSI module faults like "cannot communicate with siren ECU".

I then turned off everything related to alarms so the fault would go away, but noticed that the red dot that flashes occasionally does not come on with all the alarm stuff off. I finally arrived at this combination where I could see it blinking when the car is locked.

I have never tested it, when I pull the door handles nothing happens - no alarm or even the small blips, but maybe it is because I have the key on me. Since I didn't want to look weird/suspicious trying to walk around, put my key far away on the ground and then try to open the door, I don't even know whether the blinking light does anything. It looks like the car is triggered so it gives me a little peace of mind, that it may deter thieves to a certain extent.

I'll see if I can try this with the help of a friend, and will post the result.

Thank you by the way for the Type-B headlight deactivation suggestion. Type B also works but I had to code everything using the same software, in my case PP2000 worked for me for all options. I tried using Lexia and Diagbox for "vehicle options" but the "customer options" coding ended up messing with my headlight off type for some reason (even though it's not supposed to - and it retained all other settings except for that one).

Last edited by ProcessorHog; 01-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM

I think the "locate"/panic alarm is the one that triggers when you press the small red button on the FAST key fob.
Ok. That make sense but my Outlander has no red button on FAST key fob...

I think the "pre set alarm" activates the small round red blinking light right next to the passenger seatbelt off light on the dash. I initially tried setting some of the other alarm/siren functions on "default parameters 1" and "vehicle options", but those started giving me BSI module faults like "cannot communicate with siren ECU".
To activate the alarm fuction you mentioned you need the Alarm Sirene and the Alarm-Sensor.

By the way, i did not activate the pre-alarm-setting and the red light is blinking when car is locked. This comes up with activating the alarm setting. Try to open your car with the key after close up with FAST. The alarm should be activated.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization