Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
The one I've posted screenshots from, ETACS decoder.
Hopefully by the end of next week public beta will be available.
Vadimus, welcome back.

Are you still working on some ETACS/Lexia software?

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
I'm seriously considering the above source for a Lexia3 and I've registered to do that. I hesitate because in order to use a credit card you have to agree to use and pay for the recommended escrow service. As far as I can tell, you have to commit to buy BEFORE finding out what that fee is.

I would like to know what the escrow fee is before committing to buy. Has anyone bought a Lexia 3 from the above source and, if so, what was the total price, including the escrow fee?

Thanks.
I just ordered one. $65 US plus I got $5 off.
Didn't charge anything extra.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bellguy24
I just ordered one. $65 US plus I got $5 off.
Didn't charge anything extra.
Please report back ASAP with the quality of the product. If it is good I'm going to get one from there as well. Hopefully you receive it before the coupon expires.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Please report back ASAP with the quality of the product. If it is good I'm going to get one from there as well. Hopefully you receive it before the coupon expires.

Thanks in advance!!
Ditto.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM

One of the primary reasons I'd buy a Lexia is to disable TPMS.

I understood from this thread that stealerships might charge just about as much to disable TPMS as the cost of the Lexia, so why not get the Lexia and have the ability to do that, as well as a variety of other things. But I've been slow getting my thumb out to buy the Lexia, so yesterday I decided to call one of the three local Mit stealerships to find out what they'd charge to do it.

Well, the "service representative" I talked to said that she had spoken directly to the technicians about this and they supposedly told her that it was impossible to disable TPMS. Anyone that comes in making such a request (because they have a separate set of snow tires/wheels that does not have TPMS) is told the same thing and that they just have to live with the warning. She added that someone had just brought in a 2014 Outlander and had the same request. That person is now driving around with snow tires and the alarm. (Understand that this is Edmonton, Alberta - the land where snow can fly and stay any time from mid-September onward to mid-May.)

So there is at least one stealership in Edmonton that claims that it is not technically possible to completely disable TPMS, EATCS or no EATCS. Is this the truth or just another in a long line of bald-faced lies from a stealership? (Please excuse my cynicism. It comes from years of being lied to and ripped off by stealerships.)

Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 PM

TPMS can be disabled using lexia. I have done it.
Be aware that the dealership only have the official tool from Mitsubishi wich has been doctored to conform to the us gov. regulation,an is limited in scope, again the lawyer have spoken.

The lexia3 is a tool used by Citroen and Peugeot on their version of the Mitsu built with different front end sheet metal so being Europeen thay don't need to follow US rules thus the tool give access to the setting to dissable TPMS.

It does not flush the info about the valves it just stop checking it (it's in the same computer as the fancy key).

When you feel like it, reset the system and nothing has been lost.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
TPMS can be disabled using lexia. I have done it.
Be aware that the dealership only have the official tool from Mitsubishi wich has been doctored to conform to the us gov. regulation,an is limited in scope, again the lawyer have spoken.

The lexia3 is a tool used by Citroen and Peugeot on their version of the Mitsu built with different front end sheet metal so being Europeen thay don't need to follow US rules thus the tool give access to the setting to dissable TPMS.

It does not flush the info about the valves it just stop checking it (it's in the same computer as the fancy key).

When you feel like it, reset the system and nothing has been lost.
Thanks for the education, Claude.

So the stealership was not lying to me.

This will be just the excuse I need to get my thumb out and buy a Lexia before the snow flies. It's either that or live with the alarm for perhaps 7 or even 8 months out of twelve --not a happy prospect.

BTW, Claude, you wouldn't happen to be visiting Edmonton in the next few weeks, would you?

Last edited by Outlaander; 09-14-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Sorry, this is a long way from home

Dealers could do it if they buy a Lexia3 tool but I suspect Mitsu would be pissed.

My experience dealing with the Mitsu Aero division in my youth (1978-79) tels me they are chicken in front of legislation and will never challenge any, eaven stupid ones.

If you ever mess up your car using the Lexia just go to the dealer, play dumb and complain about the ETACS going bonker after multiple start in very low temperature (low battery) it work I did it. They will call Mitsu wich will recommend a re-flash returning the ETACS to virgin state.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
So there is at least one stealership in Edmonton that claims that it is not technically possible to completely disable TPMS, EATCS or no EATCS. Is this the truth or just another in a long line of bald-faced lies from a stealership?
They are morons, either stupid or deceptive, but still morons.

I flip TPMS on and off twice a year for my car and also for couple of dozens of other Outlanders, Lancers and Evos.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
They are morons, either stupid or deceptive, but still morons.

I flip TPMS on and off twice a year for my car and also for couple of dozens of other Outlanders, Lancers and Evos.
Vadimus, YOU wouldn't happen to be coming to Edmonton in the next few weeks, would you?

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization