Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fault code p2148 after battery charging problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 01:25 PM
Default Fault code p2148 after battery charging problem

Hi everyone, I had a drain on the car (outlander 2010 2.2 diesel) which flattened the battery. I connected up my battery charger and foolishly opened the drivers door which set off the alarm. As the battery was completely drained it seemed to cause some sort of electrical spike which blew the battery charger. Now when I've tried the car the engine runs very rough with no power. Engine management light is on and fault codes show p2148 and pending p0202. I suspect I might of damaged the ecu. Is there any way of checking or is there a fuse or relay I can check first? Thanks in advance. Richard

Old 10-18-2023, 09:03 AM

Do you have a new, FULLY CHARGED battery in the vehicle right now and are still getting the same codes? If you are, disconnect the negative terminal's cable, fully charge the battery without the vehicle's negative cable attached to the batter, then re-connect the negative cable and keep the charger attached to the battery, then try to start the vehicle. It may be necessary to attach an OBD diagnostic tool to the vehicle so that the codes can be cleared.
Good luck.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
Do you have a new, FULLY CHARGED battery in the vehicle right now and are still getting the same codes? If you are, disconnect the negative terminal's cable, fully charge the battery without the vehicle's negative cable attached to the batter, then re-connect the negative cable and keep the charger attached to the battery, then try to start the vehicle. It may be necessary to attach an OBD diagnostic tool to the vehicle so that the codes can be cleared.
Good luck.
yes I did that initially. But I'll try that again and see what happens.