Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Finding "stock" (or stock-looking) switches for 2013 Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Default Finding "stock" (or stock-looking) switches for 2013 Outlander?

I'm trying to cleanly install some electronic stuff in my 2013 Outlander. I'd like to wire it to a switch in the dash, but I'm having trouble finding a stock switch.

In an older vehicle, I could just go to a junkyard and pull something out the dash, but this one's brand spanking new. If possible, I'd like to mount a switch next to the existing TCS off switch on the left side of the kick panel.

Even better would be if there's existing wiring in place to turn on an illuminated switch.

I'm wondering if:

a) aftermarket switches that look close enough are available

or

b) what optional equipment would be available that'd have a switch there so I can order that switch from the dealer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM

There was a discussion a while back where we were talking about putting a nice looking button for fog lights. Someone found out that something like the '01-'03 Diamante used the same button style and had a fog light button. Might get some ideas based on that.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 AM

i have just purchased the wiring diagrams and service manual from ebay but realised mine was the model before DOOH if you want them i can try to e-mail them just PM me

Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
There was a discussion a while back where we were talking about putting a nice looking button for fog lights. Someone found out that something like the '01-'03 Diamante used the same button style and had a fog light button. Might get some ideas based on that.
Huh, I'll have to check that out. I wonder how far back the switches in an Outlander are still compatible? I think this generation goes back as far as about 2005, which is probably old enough to start showing up in junkyards.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mmmbort
Huh, I'll have to check that out. I wonder how far back the switches in an Outlander are still compatible? I think this generation goes back as far as about 2005, which is probably old enough to start showing up in junkyards.
depends on the country. in north america, 2nd gen started in '07. there is a guy that popped up in new zealand where the 2nd gen started in '05. also, only certain buttons are used in certain vehicles. since the outlander controlled fog lights via the stalk off of the steering column, you'll never find an outlander with the fog light button down by asc...unless some unfortunate guy put it there (using a button from a different vehicle) and then crashed it (probably fiddling with the button!).

This is what I was talking about:
Chrysler Mitsubishi galant Diamante Sebring Dodge Avenger Fog Light Switch | eBay
Granted, it is for fog lights, but maybe the button could be modified or maybe you have a friendly stealership that you could research compatible switches.