Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.
View Poll Results: Do you like this design?
Yes
12.82%
No
87.18%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

First Shot of 2014 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Default Video

Revisiting this topic 6 months after I originally posted it. There are review videos out now for the new model on YouTube:

You can find others too.

27 people voted that they did not like the redesign (including me). 0 people said they liked it. As the video states multiple times, the redesign was done to be more appealing to women, who were not attracted to the previous models. Well, we know all the driving/tech geeks are on this site, and the larger percentage are men. Let's see if drawing women in with a redesign will help sales. I doubt it myself.

I still have my 07 version which I love. I like the look of the 08 version and above though- sleeker front ends on those models.

I really despise in the new model how the interior looks as well. The NAV system just looks out of place. There are not nearly as many storage spots, something I LOVE on my Outie.

The price of the Outie has always been attractive compared to the features you get in it, and Mitsu retains that tradition with the safety features it added recently. Some of those features are only found in high end car lines like Lexus and Acura.

Unfortunately, the under-glowing reviews in magazines like Consumer Reports, and the brand name of Mitsubishi, along with their crappy dealerships has really killed sales of this car, not the design. I don't see why they just don't attack the problems of the car and brand, rather than trying to add new cool features to overcome it. Mitsu has a lot to learn.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM

not a large fan of the new 2014 design, it looks like the rest of the offerings in the market segment. The part that I find questionable is the removal of the "tailgate" which is one of the features that put an Outlander in my drive. The new model lacks the zest and angular lines of the prior models and has turned into another one of the "me too" people movers. As they showed on an episode of Top Gear, so many cuv's so little to distinguish them from each other. Sorry design department but....bland and repetitive. IMHO

Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Saw it in person.... and wonders what Jeremy Clarkson would do to his face.....