Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FM Radio Presets using Steering Wheel Audio buttons

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Default FM Radio Presets using Steering Wheel Audio buttons

Hello.....new Outlander owner here......first post.

I have an '08 XLS with the Rockford/Fosgate system, but no Nav., and so far I'm loving this vehicle and the stereo, but I was wondering if it was possible to have the Up/Down audio controls on the steering wheel flip through the FM presets (favourites), rather than scanning. Any other car I've driven/been in with wheel-mounted audio controls seems to be able to do it...am I missing something?

I've checked the manual, and did a search, but couldn't find an answer, so I'm thinking it may not be possible.

Any help would be appreciated....thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 PM

Other members on this forum have asked the same question. As far as I know there is no way to change this. Perhaps there is a way for those who have Nav, but like you I don't have Nav and have not found any way to change it.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM

All I can tell you is that with Nav it does switch to the different presets. I didn't have to change anything, it was defaulted this way.

I would assume you could have it programed to do that, I would check with the dealer.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 PM

Yep, nav owners have the steering wheel buttons change presets for the radio. Its amazing that the other models dont. That would aggrivate me as well, doesnt make sense.

Try talking to the dealer, and have them look at one that has nav.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM

I drop by my mitsu dealer today to see a friend of mine and I ask him and he told me that it can't be done on the Rockford/Fosgate system kind of stupid if you ask me I wish I could figure a way to change it on mine too !