Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fumoto oil drain valve...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016 | 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
I'd only install one if you were a high mileage commuter like me, though newer cars have longer oil change intervals so it's not a huge a deal anymore. But when you drive 30k miles per year, and you have to change your oil every 3,000-5,000 miles. It gets old very quick.

Ideally, it would be great if OEM's installed a metal tube at the bottom of the oil pan which led up to the front just under the hood. Then you could attach a pump to suck the oil out. Some cars have their filters on top as well, so you would never have to jack up the car, and you could change your oil in the parking lot during your lunch break.

Just attach pump, suck out oil, install new filter, then put in new oil. Would take all but 10 minutes.
That's exactly how I do oil changes in my other car. Filter on top, pump out oil, done. Cleaning up (pump tubes) takes longer than the change. It is so nice and the way it should be. However, I am thinking that installing the fumoto will let me do changes without lifting the Outlander. The filter is close enough to the front to change without lifting. That's the plan anyway, faster and safer. Worst case is I still need to lift but the changes are less messy.