Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fuse/Bluetooth/USB audio problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Default Fuse/Bluetooth/USB audio problem

2011 Outlander- went on vacation so shut off bluetooth to save battery, then returned and now weird issue with bluetooth- I get no audio thru speakers on phone calls or on music from my phone. I can see the song playing or call connected on little screen but nothing out of speakers. Tried a usb cord into center console and the same thing (it actually says "ipod" on screen and song is progressing on my phone but no audio). Both Am and Fm, and Sirius work fine.

So deleted car from my phone and went to re-pair and the voice "fuse" system audio is not working either. It is listening to me (it says "listening") but doesnt respond with instruction when I said "Pair phone" or whatever words the manual said to use.

Also, theres a very high pitched squeal- not loud- when on bluetooth or usb connected in place of the audio...like in a 1980s jewelry store due to those old security systems.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 AM

It's possible something died.

Did you at least check if there's an actual fuse that could have blown?

The Bluetooth module is separate from the head unit, it could have malfunctioned as well...

If all your fuses are good you could try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes just to let everything reset...

Old 10-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Default Thanks

Will check all that out...appreciate it.