Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Help!! i overfilled gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Default Help!! i overfilled gas

hi all, i accidently overfilled my 08 outlander twice inthe last month, everytime it happened, the nozzle didn't made any clicks, and the gas spilled anywhere
on the ground, have it happened to anyone here before? can it damages my car? i called the dealer and asked them why it happened and they said it because the faulty fuel pump
at the gas station, and when it happened i told the gas attendend, they said it because my car and i don't know who to believe, please help,,,
oh,, i've been driving for over 15 years and it never happen like this to me, oh, and i insert the nozzle all the way into the tankand pull the trigger firmly
thanks

Old 11-14-2008, 03:50 AM
Default RE: Help!! i overfilled gas

well here is the facts about it. the automatic shut off is a feature of the pump reacting to the backflor of gas pressure onto the pump nozel. obviously it is not working properly. you must wash your vehicle immediately after a gas spill on the paint. take it to a hand wash and spend particular time getting the gas off. it is not hard at all. go to a different gas station however since that jerk does not know what the heck hes talking about.

there is nothing wrong with the way you have put gas in the vehicle

Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 AM

I've never had any problems with the pump not shutting off when filling my outtie. Do you hold onto the nozzle while its filling, or do you lock it where its supposed to automatically shut off when full? I always hold on to the nozzle for safety reasons in case the locking feature is not working properlyandI can actually hear the sound of the gas flowing from the pump change a couple of seconds before it reaches full.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:23 AM

thanks guys, yes, i hold the nozzle and press it firmly when filling gas,,, well, i will try different gas station next time see what happen

Old 11-14-2008, 01:17 PM

Just to remind you again, if you listen carefully you will hear the sound of the gas flowing down the fill pipe of your outtie change as your tank gets filled and gas starts to fill in the fill pipe. When I start to hear this sound Irelax my grip on the nozzle because I know the tank is full and it is ready to shut off.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 PM

it would be nice to have a strip of 3m film that runs down and out from the fill spout. that way if anything like this happens it would be protected.