Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM

just find out what light bulb your vehicle uses
but a hid kit of Amazon (not eBay.....so you could return it if need be) for that light bulb
get it, unplug your light bulb, hook in the ballast and install the new lights
turn it on
check you tube for installation videos
it is just simple plug-n-play
also, get the bulbs between 4500K-6000K..the bigger the number (like 12000K) the LESS LIGHT you will get on HID's
4500K=Daylight
6000K= White/slight bluish tint

Old 01-30-2014, 06:30 AM

Don't go any higher then 6000k, I have 5000k in my day times and fog lights and offer a great color over stock and amazing light output. It's a Canadian vehicle so it'll have day time runners so you'll need a "gold relay harness" $40 tops on eBay, if not your main headlights will flicker until you turn on your headlights Because the day time runners don't have enough power to fire the HiDs, also with your fogs angle then down because they are a wider spread then the projectors. You'll need to go in through the wheel wells of the front tires to hide the ballast for the fog, was a little tricky but it's pretty simple.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Post New HID

I have placed an order for 6000k H11 low beams. They should arrive by next week and I will keep updating.
The seller suggested me to get the warning canceler to avoid dashboard warning anf flickering. I don't know if its a cost effective purchase but my total bill was around $101
what are the thoughts on that?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 AM

What was the $110 for? The HID setup or the lights and code cancellers? I tried them and they didn't work for the RVR. You need the the "Gold relay harness" it's different then the normal relay harness because it has build in capacitors, which if you read the original post the guy had to wire in his own. The issue comes from the DTR build into the RVR's low beam. In canada you can't disable them legally. And it's not just a simple fuse or wire cut to disable then, tried it. Safe your money and buy the relay like I said. If you already bought the no codes then try it, but follow the instructions. If you out them
In backwards you'll fry them. If they don't work, buy the relay for $45. I've used them in all my vehicles except motorcycles. Don't quote me on anything, I've always done things through trial and error. Haha Good luck.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Default Is this reliable?

I have ordered the HID kit from the following website:
Xenon Hid Kits | Xenon Lights | Made In Germany

the kit plus the warning cancelers.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:19 PM

I don't know what you have to do in Canada
DRL (Daytime Running Lights) then put HID's in the low's just the regular kind like here in the USA
Then add some LED daytime running LIGHTS, this doesn't have to be your HEADLIGHTS
Goto Amazon, look up Philips 4 LED daytime lights
get those or the Philips 8 LED one
but not the cheap-o China express one's off eBay
Close if not OEM LED light kits from Philips will last longer, not crack under the weather

Old 02-04-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by young600rr
What was the $110 for? The HID setup or the lights and code cancellers? I tried them and they didn't work for the RVR. You need the the "Gold relay harness" it's different then the normal relay harness because it has build in capacitors, which if you read the original post the guy had to wire in his own. The issue comes from the DTR build into the RVR's low beam. In canada you can't disable them legally. And it's not just a simple fuse or wire cut to disable then, tried it. Safe your money and buy the relay like I said. If you already bought the no codes then try it, but follow the instructions. If you out them
In backwards you'll fry them. If they don't work, buy the relay for $45. I've used them in all my vehicles except motorcycles. Don't quote me on anything, I've always done things through trial and error. Haha Good luck.
Thank you for the information !!..

The HID kit was for $101 which included:
2 x AC Slim ballasts
2 x AC Xenon Hid Bulbs
Mounting Brackets
Installation Guide
Lifetime Warranty

I wasn't aware about the DRL issue that comes with the RVR. I had a look on eBay for the "Gold Relay Harness" and found this

HID Fuse Relay Harness Wire H1 H3 H4 H7 H9 H10 H11 H13 | eBay

I am assuming when i get this, the low beams will now be directly connected to my battery and not through my car.

I thought changing to HIDs would be a simple plug and play but this one is getting confusing. But thanks to you guys I'm learning a lot about my car. !!!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by philmiami
I don't know what you have to do in Canada
DRL (Daytime Running Lights) then put HID's in the low's just the regular kind like here in the USA
Then add some LED daytime running LIGHTS, this doesn't have to be your HEADLIGHTS
Goto Amazon, look up Philips 4 LED daytime lights
get those or the Philips 8 LED one
but not the cheap-o China express one's off eBay
Close if not OEM LED light kits from Philips will last longer, not crack under the weather
Hi there,

I was looking into the DRLs and found this:
Mitsubishi RVR DRL LED Daytime Running Light Car headlights parts Fog lamp cover LED-667MT_car headrest dvd,car headrest monitor,Day Running Light,car rearview camera,car parts factory

But I'm not sure if a "gold relay harness" should do the job or a separate DRL will be better. Which would do the job?
Also if i do get the DRLs from amazon where should i install them on my car as I don't see a location to install them

Last edited by jdpaul198; 02-04-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:32 AM

Those are for pre-facelift, older RVRs.

Besides, even for those it is a bad idea as driver side DRL will block tranny radiator:

Believe me, you don't want CVT overheated.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 AM

I've read the whole topic,and now I am even more confused... I want to install xenon headlights(I've done it before,but on every car I had H7 bulbs,without DRL,so it was a lot easier),but I found this kit:
http://www.hidxenon.rs/upload/_proizvodi/304b.jpg

It has some kind of relay,as far as I can see,so do I need separate harness with capacitor installed?
Or, can I just buy canbus kit, will it solve flicker problem?

Quick Reply: HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)