Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Default RE: HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)

Well.... Tried to install my HIDS tonight but no go. I got all the parts needed except did not do the capacitor yet. I hooked up the wire harness and tried it with 1 bulb, it lit up no flickering. Thought to myself maybe I won't be needing the capacitor. Hooked up the other bulb and driver side bulb lit up and passenger side flickered. Turned off switch and turned it on again and no lights. I guess I will be needing the capacitor!!!! Funny thing now is my horn does not work! I might have blown a fuse. Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the horn is? Is it in the fuse box in the engine or inside behind the compartment? The capacitor that I picked up is a 35v 2200uf. Will this do? They didn't have anything else, pos 86 neg 85 right?

Old 12-19-2008, 01:29 AM

Name:  hORNFUSE.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  78.4 KB

Old 12-19-2008, 01:21 PM

can we stick this thread ?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Melvin8078

Where else can you buy the capacitors? I am in Edmonton, Canada. I went to Circuit city today and they had nothing.
Any electronics parts store.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Melvin8078

Well.... Tried to install my HIDS tonight but no go. I got all the parts needed except did not do the capacitor yet. I hooked up the wire harness and tried it with 1 bulb, it lit up no flickering. Thought to myself maybe I won't be needing the capacitor. Hooked up the other bulb and driver side bulb lit up and passenger side flickered. Turned off switch and turned it on again and no lights. I guess I will be needing the capacitor!!!! Funny thing now is my horn does not work! I might have blown a fuse. Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the horn is? Is it in the fuse box in the engine or inside behind the compartment? The capacitor that I picked up is a 35v 2200uf. Will this do? They didn't have anything else, pos 86 neg 85 right?

Sounds like you fried something.

To be clear about the capacitor, this is for the DRL signal to be smoothed to trigger the relay that supplies a full 12V+ to your ballasts.

You can test your HIDs entirely without the relay harness or capacitor by simply plugging a ballast in line with your lighting harness and then the HID lamps themselves.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Success!!! Thanks everyone for the help! I might need to adjust my headlights, how do you go about doing that? I noticed that my passenger side was higher. Didn't know how bright these get!! I literally lit up my neighbourhood!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM

HI iam new to the fourm, but ive had done the HID conversation to my fathers outlander back in the summer when he first got it, back in i believe july or august. lol like 3days after we got the car i installed them.

i purchased a complete plug and play kit. with no relay harness where I use both passenger and driver side bulb terminal one for each ballast.

Yes i had the flicker problem but how i went round this was, in the morning when no light was needed i would just let the drl activate the hid-make it flicker-and then they shut up. i guess its kind of a safty thing the ballast due -if they don;t ignite they remain off until reset.

So when i knew i need the head lights on i would turn car on, turn headlights on and then put down the hand brake. because what activates the drl is the hand brake as you might already know so turning on ur headlights beofre putting down ur handbreak will prevennt the flicker.

started becoming a hasle becasue if u where in a rush and u forgot to turn the headlights before putting down the hand brake. you had to turn off the car and on again and turn on the headlights before the handbrake.

so i purchased what is supposed to be an antiflicker device sold by an hid seller here in Toronto, Ontario- but what i believe it to be is just a capacitor, becasue what it does it just runs your hid all the time no matter if its the drl or from your headlight switch.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 PM

The kit i purchased is this one 9006 6000K

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HID-Conversion-Ki...742.m153.l1262

costed alot 60-65 dollars back when the canadian dollar was worth more. They are supposed to be a German product but its shipped from China so basically made in China lol.

And the anti flicker device

http://xtremeproducts.ca/xtreme/Home.html

40 dollars.

But what i would really like to know and best solution "in my opinion" is an easy way to get rid of the DRL all together or relocate them. I know many cars use there high beams for DRL. and some even their turn signals.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/01632BFE01624A7BAD8E7EB80CA4B18E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/89A9B59B6E534DBF82B63101EA816E94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2009, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: tito88

But what i would really like to know and best solution "in my opinion" is an easy way to get rid of the DRL all together or relocate them. I know many cars use there high beams for DRL. and some even their turn signals.
Or like us OEM HID owners, theDRL is in the fogs. But now we have to transform our fogs from a DRL only system to a fog/DRL. Which takes a new switch and relay. So there should be a way for you to do something similar on making your fogs a fog/DRL where the fogs are just on all the time.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM

here are pictures of my set up. it is supposed to be 6000K but i feel like it looks more like 8000K, i like the blue look but this is a lil to much, will possibly change the bulb in the future since parts are interchangable.

As noted before with my anti-flicker device my hid's are on all the time, but with out the extra relay wire harness.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/645AA89F91EE4359870F1117EF9E0075.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/6A5FFF25B062477F903476A382519A69.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/21C63F4816574BBFBCC678AF574CD382.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19505/0B9A610381384A809B79AF9CFE7D372E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)