Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   HID Conversion - the RIGHT way with DRL (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/hid-conversion-right-way-drl-36263/)

Matt_M 02-13-2011 07:48 AM

To perform the HID Conversion, the RIGHT way...

-> Purchase a 2011 Outlander Sport

WOW! What a conversion!

Sorry :p

talent 03-26-2011 12:07 AM

i have a 2006 outlander Cdn spec - wondering if the procedure is the same - my bulbs are h1 - and does anyone have a pic of how the harness is connected to everything

talent 03-27-2011 12:08 AM

so i couldnt find the connector on the 2006 outlander - i seems like the 06 model is different - it has one big connector on the drivers side only.

i ended up using AC slim ballasts and that automatically disabled the dtrl - no need for a relay harness either .

jetpipe 05-01-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by serego (Post 260793)
Ok, here is the story. So I researched many postings and I was not able to achieve this:

1. Be able to turn HID low beam only when needed. HID bulbs have limited lifetime and quite expensive.

2. Be able to keep some sort of Daytime Running Lights, since I'm in Canada.

3. Avoid any factory wire cutting/tapping. Avoid use of capacitor which produces inconsistent results and heat.

I paid 60 bucks for install, but I did not like the result. I decided to see what I can do myself about it...

What you need: 9006 HID conversion kit ~100$, Standard relay harness ~10$.

Basically you do normal installation with relay harness, but you need to switch Low beam and Parking light wires. If you do so, your front parking ligts will work as DRL and once you turn on Parking/Low beam, your HIDs will be on!

Steps:

1. Follow the steps described on the thread below, but DO NOT install capacitor, you won't need it.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=30486

2. Disconnect large connectors going to head light assembly on both passenger's and driver's sides. (see connector.jpg - notice that I took this picture after I already switched the wires!!!)

3. Slide the "mother side" forward to remove from the head light assembly (see inside.jpg)

4. Pull the orange pin separator/holder out of connector (see removed.jpg)

5. Now you can easily switch the RED (low beam) and the BLUE(parking light) wires. Just use small screwdriver to release the pins from inside and pull them back. Switch their places, push them back into the connector and put orange holder back.

6. Connect large connectors back together. Voila! You can turn/on your low beam HID lights and have your DRL on.

Enjoy! )

Serego, I really thank you very much, after a lot of pain I tried your way on my outlander 2008!
PERFECT.....The message (n.2) posted worried me a bit ....your way works great instead...It took me 5 minutes (everything was already in place) to swap pins....and works GREAT!!!!

jkaic 05-02-2011 09:08 PM

Serego, do you notice your parking lights being much dimmer in DRL mode? I currently have my parking wire spliced to the relay harness' lowbeam wire (to give it the same constant 12V when the low beams are turned on) and routed the original low beam DRLs to the foglights via a 9006-to-H11 harness (so now foglights act as DRLs and are constantly on). Been working great for 3 years now, but I never liked the idea of splicing wires up so I'm thinking maybe I should change to this method..

circlek 05-07-2011 07:58 PM

hi, i can not find the large connectors going to head light assembly on my outlander 2006 se model? pls help me, thanks...:rolleyes:

drifterrchickk 01-11-2012 08:20 PM

I need help with my headlights. One of them went out, how do i know if its the ballast?

ontariotibv6 01-12-2012 05:45 AM

Swap the bulbs on passenger and drivers side. Turn on ur lights and see which side is out. You can then determine if it's a bulb or ballast causing the problem and which one it is. :)

stitan06 11-17-2014 07:25 PM

Bringing this back people that have done this is it still holding up? Any issues or anything? Workimg on hids on my wifes 09 outlander

JRK5892 11-24-2014 03:57 PM

mine have been done about a year zero issues, i did a write up on how i did mine though this did not work for me