Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How do I remove TPMs Warning....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:02 AM

Don't try and collect insurance money if you ever have an accident. You Deliberately disabled a safety feature on your car. No lawyer will represent you.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 AM
tcp
Default Wow

In canada we don't sue over every little thing. TPMS is not a legal requirement in Canada, we just get stuck with it because of proximity to the US.

You must spend all your days in a dark basement, terrified of the world. The only time not having TPMS might come into play in an accident is if the the cause can be pinpointed to a tire, the tire was under-inflated and a direct cause of the accident as well a lack of diligence can be shown in checking the pressure.

Before you spout off you may want to get your facts straight. You must be very young and inexperienced in life.

Originally Posted by Rrdstarr
Don't try and collect insurance money if you ever have an accident. You Deliberately disabled a safety feature on your car. No lawyer will represent you.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:50 AM

It is a safety issue, DON'T DISABLE IT! You spent $30,000 on your car and you won't spend $240 for the Mitsubishi sensors?
(Shakes head and walks off)

Where are your sensors from your factory wheels? Reuse those!
Like ryandlor, I have a set of winter wheels and tires + a set of summer wheels and tires. I purchased TPMS sensors with my second set of wheels and tires from Tire Rack. What I did not understand was that the dealer will charge me $99 twice a year when I change tires for the seasons. Over the llfe of the vehicle, this will add up to considerably more than $240. The Outlander TPMS computer is not capable of storing more than 4 tire sensor IDs at a time. Many other car manufacturers have this capability.

As an owner that cares enough to run tires appropriate to the season, I am also someone who checks tire pressure regularly. I don't need a computerized nanny to tell me when to take care of my car.

You should understand all the facts before you condemn others, shake your head and walk off.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 AM

You're on Drugs guy...

TPMS isnt a saftey feature that would protect any idiot in a insurance case.

What World do you live in where you need a sensor to tell you when your tires are low?

Its chumps like you who shouldnt own a vehicle or drive for that matter.....

Im assuming you also need the dealership to tell you when your oil needs a change too...?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM

You are all missing the point.
I am Canadian and don't care about suing anyone.
KalTire says I have to have them functional. Mitsubishi says they must be functional.

I have a $60 gauge and check my tyres every time I fill up with gas.

I am 47 and have been driving for 35 years without and accident.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 PM

Let me clear up a few things so everyone can get along.

The TPMS is considered a safety feature. It was implemented after the infamous Firestone-Explorer rollover incidents. They blamed under-inflation for premature wear and sidewall blowouts.

Secondly, the sensors in pressurized cans does not work for our vehicles. The sensor is too close proximity to the actual tire. You would pretty much have to mount the cans in your fender wells.

I have searched high and low though the fuses, hardwiring and software. There is no viable way to turn off that horrible warning ding. I found a good place that will swap the sensors between my winter and summer wheels for cheaper than reprogramming them each time. Both ways suck, but swapping for $25 is cheaper than reprogramming for $99. Hope this helps a little.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:51 PM

I believe you can put the can right where the spare trailer connector is (above the wheel well in the back where the spare "cubby hole" is), as the receiver is right there.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 AM
tcp

Kal tire and mitsu want to sell you their services, parts and program your car twice per year. They are not Canadian law. It's amazing you are still alive considering the 32 years of driving without TPMS before it came to be law in the US in 2007. You must have cheated death daily on the roads. Oh the drama. Why would you check the tires every time you fill gas? Do they leak that badly?

You are all missing the point.
I am Canadian and don't care about suing anyone.
KalTire says I have to have them functional. Mitsubishi says they must be functional.

I have a $60 gauge and check my tyres every time I fill up with gas.

I am 47 and have been driving for 35 years without and accident.

Last edited by tcp; 05-23-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: mo info
Old 05-25-2010, 03:48 PM

just got a new set of tire and rim with TPMS before this spring. spent $28 reprogrammed in dealer, not too bad.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bioturbo
just got a new set of tire and rim with TPMS before this spring. spent $28 reprogrammed in dealer, not too bad.
I wish my dealer was that reasonable. They charge a minimum 1 hour labor any time they connect a computer to the vehicle. 1 hour is $99 at this dealer.

Quick Reply: How do I remove TPMs Warning....