Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How do I remove TPMs Warning....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:14 AM

Yes, i'm living with the light for now. It appears Andre also has a 2009 outlander and probably the same version of Etacs controller i have. Most likely etacs decoder isn't encoding it right, or doesn't work with the toyota mvci clone or something.

The reason for the ASC light is because it throws a B222C error int he etacs controller, which then disables ASC and ABS. B222C means the coding is incomplete or corrupt.

There are others with the same version of etacs having the same issue: See here:
http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=294

Old 01-25-2016, 06:39 PM

Really bad news for me.

I hope somebody will have a solution for us...

Old 09-08-2016, 02:23 AM

I had a leak from one of my original tpms sensor so I went into Firestone to replace it and now the TPMS warning won't go off. Is it possible for the Outlander to function correctly with one new tpms sensor and three original ones? Firestone told me only Mitsubishi dealers have the correct tool to fix the issues
, how much is the service charge for them to sync the new sensor?

Old 11-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Default Tpms

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I had a leak from one of my original tpms sensor so I went into Firestone to replace it and now the TPMS warning won't go off. Is it possible for the Outlander to function correctly with one new tpms sensor and three original ones? Firestone told me only Mitsubishi dealers have the correct tool to fix the issues
, how much is the service charge for them to sync the new sensor?

It will function correctly with one new sensor. Most shops charge around 15$ to sync the new sensors. In my experience when one sensor goes bad the rest will follow shortly after. You can get a full set of sensors from Titan TPMS Tire Pressure Sensors for a low cost and the battery life on their Titan sensors seem to last a couple years longer than other sensors.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:46 AM

not quite true Jason.

Our TPMS sensors require the ID numbers to be programmed into the "computer". The car will not learn and use the sensors as you drive. I've gone to three firestones, none have been able to program them. There was a guy on here in canada that went to a firestone that could, but none I've been to have been able. Each time I tried, it turned into a big deal because they didn't realize they couldn't even when I told them the whole process. There are personal programmers you can buy where a firestone can activate the sensor and then you can program it in yourself.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Default Tpms

Originally Posted by ccernst
not quite true Jason.

Our TPMS sensors require the ID numbers to be programmed into the "computer". The car will not learn and use the sensors as you drive. I've gone to three firestones, none have been able to program them. There was a guy on here in canada that went to a firestone that could, but none I've been to have been able. Each time I tried, it turned into a big deal because they didn't realize they couldn't even when I told them the whole process. There are personal programmers you can buy where a firestone can activate the sensor and then you can program it in yourself.
Right I thought it was rhetorical that the sensor would need to be uploaded into the car. I was simply stating that he did not need to replace all 4 sensors or 5 in cases where the vehicle uses a sensor in the spare. I have sent customers to tire kingdom and other local shops and none have run into any problems so far. I know in Canada TPMS is not mandated so I'm sure shops there don't usually deal with TPMS issues.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:20 AM

For ~$100 you can get a Mitsu Reset that can program the computer. You still need a trigger tool but any tire shop will have one of those.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:13 PM

I believe that these sensors are not really necessary, because for many years the vehicles did not use them. But I do not know if accidents actually decreased when included in vehicles
I think they are very expensive as well as their configuration