Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS warning disabling?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Default TPMS warning disabling?

Maybe the question has been asked before but is there a way to disable the tpms warning in the display? I did not install tpms sensors on my 16'' winter steel wheels for my winter tires but the low pressure warning is very annoing... I know, i just have to press and hold for 5 sec the button in the left side of the console to reset the warning every time i start the car but as soon as i have another warning (low fuel or traction control) the warning come back. I live in quebec, so the damn traction control warning is flashing a few times per day...
I'm pretty sure there is a way to disable the low pressure warning in some kind of way. Before you ask... no i don't have any plans to install 100$ ea tpms sensors in my winter wheels. I have no concern about the pressure in my winter tires as well as in my summer tires, i do frequent visual check ans i put nitogen in my tires.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 AM

The only known way to do so is tweaking the ETACS settings. However, you need a MUT-III device for it. I seriously doubt any Canadian dealer having this device will make you such tweak.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 PM

In short. No.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Default Annoy

It seems Mitsubishi is in the business to annoy its customers. Why is there no simple setting to turn off TPMS? (How did we ever survive the first 100 years without that system anyways?) And yes, there is a solution here: carry your summer tires in the back and the wireless sensor should see them!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jmitsu
It seems Mitsubishi is in the business to annoy its customers. Why is there no simple setting to turn off TPMS? (How did we ever survive the first 100 years without that system anyways?) And yes, there is a solution here: carry your summer tires in the back and the wireless sensor should see them!
Your solution won't work. Sensors will fall asleep in no more than 2-3 hours.

And blame US authorities, Mitsu obeys US law, not writes it.
Besides, how many years we survived without emission restrictions, seatbelts, airbags? Does it mean we don't need them?

Last edited by Vadimus; 12-08-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by jmitsu
Read this long thread... Buy the Tool... Do it yourself.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ization-40223/

It work I have done it.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Tpms

Yes, thanks, I read that long thread after I has posted my unresearched reply based on a few hours of my experience. Sorry for my newbie mistake. I hadn't bought a vehicle since my new 96 MPV which never gave me this type of grief. Life was simpler back then