Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How many CDs can be stored on the music server?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Default RE: How many CDs can be stored on the music server?

****, I had a long post on here, and hit the wrong button tryin to get you info. Needless to say, your just wrong.
Heres what you need to know, Kenwood is launching a had-drive based nav system soon, it uses a 20 gig hard drive,go here for infohttp://www.japancorp.net/article.asp?Art_ID=7477
in addition, JVC has one on the market with a 40 gig hard drive, and 16gigs dedicated to the nav system, which also boast 13 million points of intrest (alot more than mitus has) it also will hold 6000 songs, (gee at 4.7mb a piece thats 28gigs wow,
In addition to this, consider that the magellan roadmate 6000t is one of the best systems on the market, doesnt have a hard-drive, and has more detailed info than the mitsu model does. go here for info http://www.magellangps.com/products/...mp;prodID=1736

Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

****, I had a long post on here, and hit the wrong button tryin to get you info. Needless to say, your just wrong.
Heres what you need to know, Kenwood is launching a had-drive based nav system soon, it uses a 20 gig hard drive,go here for infohttp://www.japancorp.net/article.asp?Art_ID=7477
in addition, JVC has one on the market with a 40 gig hard drive, and 16gigs dedicated to the nav system, which also boast 13 million points of intrest (alot more than mitus has) it also will hold 6000 songs, (gee at 4.7mb a piece thats 28gigs wow,
In addition to this, consider that the magellan roadmate 6000t is one of the best systems on the market, doesnt have a hard-drive, and has more detailed info than the mitsu model does. go here for info http://www.magellangps.com/products/...mp;prodID=1736
I'm not sure I understand your point. First you say that a NAV system should take no more than 4 gigs max, then you mention thatJVC's uses 16 gigs? You're contradicting yourself. And as far as the 13 million POIs, do you have Mitsubishi's numbers? I honestly don't know, but I do know they have a whole lot more POIs than my wife's Odyssey has.

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument. In fact, I'll be the first to plead ignorance concerning this and other NAV systems. I'm just quoting what Mitsubishi says on their website. I would also love to know what's on the used 24 gigs.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM

what I was trying to point out with the whole JVC thing is that theres stores a whole lot more stuff, A WHOLE LOT MORE. If you had bothered to read the article I left for you to read, you would have noticed that it does alot more than the mitsu does, which is why it takes up more space. Also, the hard drive in the mitsu is used soley for one purpose, storage of maps. The rest of the stuff you spoke of takes place inside the head-unit, and every single xls model does it, whether it has the nav system or not. Also note, that it has been stated on here several times that mitsu maps are not accurate, or up to date, and offer almost no poi's.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
JMC

Would you rather have a DVD and not the Hard Drive? There is so much info that goes into the Navi...not just maps. Have you really looked into how much info is on the Navi HD??
The amount of songs really depends on how the audio is put on the CD before it goes onto the HD. I really doubt anybody will fit the same amount of songs. I have 2 iPods..an 80GB and a 60GB filled. Just pick some really good songs you want on the HD...and the rest will have to wait...or keep changing it up.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM

Did you notice that JVC article was dated 2004? And I'mjust curious, do you have the NAV? Like I said, I'll happily admit I know knothing at all about other NAVs, but the Mitsubishi one Iown and have played with a fair amount. While the maps ARE a little dated, there are TONS of POIs once you dig into the sysyem. I'd sayon a NorthAmerican mapthere must be millions in the system. If I remember correctly, you can only have 5 or 6 POI types active at one time. I picked restaurants for one of mine, and at one shopping center I counted 7 restaurants, all coded by type of food (Chinese restaurant marked by Chinese flag, Italian by Italy's flag, etc.). The entire intersection showed about 15, and only 2 restaurants were not shown (they're less than a year old). I was actually shocked at how much information there is in the system. Again, I have no idea how much space that takes, but I just thought you should know the Mitsu NAV is more full featured than you may realize. It can also speak in three languages. I think the Spanish girl's voice is sexiest, even though I barely understand a word she's saying...

Pioneer also had a HHD based Nav system with a 30 GB Hard drive, 10 of which are reserved for music, meaning 20 is used for the NAV, so Mitsubishi's 24 doesn't look that far-fetched.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVIC-Z...567&sr=1-5

Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
JMC

I have the Pioneer Navi with the 30GB HD. I only had 10GB to play with after all the maps and info and that Navi is 1,000 better than the Mitsu. So I'm sure the Mitsu Navi is the same.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:05 PM

JMC, when you say the Pioneer Navi is 1000 better, what do you mean? 1000 times better? How so? Again, I'm just curious, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
JMC

The display was better...the interface...the speed...finding places by phone number. Check out the Pioneer AVIC-Z1..........
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...unit=AVIC%20Z1

Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM

It amazes me how few people we have here on the Outlander forum, yet you still find ways to argue with each other about everything. Is this the typical Mitsubishi customer?

Mitsubishi says there's room for 1,200 songs, so around 100 CDs is a good ballpark estimate.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: biscuit

It amazes me how few people we have here on the Outlander forum, yet you still find ways to argue with each other about everything. Is this the typical Mitsubishi customer?

Mitsubishi says there's room for 1,200 songs, so around 100 CDs is a good ballpark estimate.
lol. I think we've finished arguing over the original posters question. Now we've moved on to figuring out exactly what the other 24 GB of space is being used for!

JMC, thanks for the response. Sounds cool. Maybe, just maybe, the Outlaber can add features via upgrade, like the search by phone number. That would be pretty nice. Of course, I'm purely speculating at this point.

Quick Reply: How many CDs can be stored on the music server?