Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How many CDs can be stored on the music server?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Default RE: How many CDs can be stored on the music server?

Does anyone know if it is possible to reverse the artist/albumn name on the music server? They appear to list the Albumn name first and then the Artist. I'd like to see the Artist first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:03 PM

I don't think it can be done. Not without a software patch from Mitsubishi.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 PM

I think that would be more related to the info saved on the actual mp3/wav track.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 PM

I agree, but with the MMCS music server, you can't tell the MMCS to display which tag first, as the MMCS does MP3 tagging automatically, so you will probably need an MMCS OS patch to add a configure menu for the Music Server function. For now there is not such function, AFAIK.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:40 PM

Or reverse the MP3 tags via your PC?

Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 PM

Can't do that either, since the MMCS will rip directly from CD only. There is no way, for now at least, for you to save your homebrew MP3 to the MMCS.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Ah, now I see how it works... lol

Old 04-10-2007, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

Can't do that either, since the MMCS will rip directly from CD only. There is no way, for now at least, for you to save your homebrew MP3 to the MMCS.
That's not entirely true, at least if I understand what you're saying. I've loaded a ton of songs burned from iTunes to the MusicServer. It still shows whatever you named the playlist/CD first, but if you put the artist name in front of the album title that works fine (for example, instead of "Back in Black" the playlist is named "AC/DC Back in Black")

By the way, I'm at 86 CDs and counting. Over half are CDs burned from itunes with over 20 songs each.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: crusher

ORIGINAL: rcpax

That's not entirely true, at least if I understand what you're saying. I've loaded a ton of songs burned from iTunes to the MusicServer. It still shows whatever you named the playlist/CD first, but if you put the artist name in front of the album title that works fine (for example, instead of "Back in Black" the playlist is named "AC/DC Back in Black")

By the way, I'm at 86 CDs and counting. Over half are CDs burned from itunes with over 20 songs each.
And what if I burn CD tracks to a DVD? A dual layer DVD contains 8.54 GB of data.

BTW: The Norwegian spec says 30 Gig Navi HD, 22 Gigs for maps, 8 GB for music (MP3, I know, so I'll still have to burn a few DVD's).

Cheers,

-Morten

Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM

Why are you taking all your songs off itunes and putting them onto cds to put onto your harddrive? Just leave them on the ipod.

Quick Reply: How many CDs can be stored on the music server?