Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Default New MMCS

Hello Guys,

I got my new MMCS just one week ago for my Pajero. I hope you will be able to help me with the following:

1- DVD plays without Audio
2- Navi system with Europe maps. is it possible to install other countries maps like U.A.E. ans Russia, or it is restricted to Europe only?
3- It looks like I didn't connect one cable (2 wires in a 14 pins connector), therefore ' audio level compensation' doesn't work.. this can be sorted out soon once i get the adapting cable but just wanted to let you know in case you faced something similar.

I have Rockford system installed and I did this upgrade from the 6 CD box unit to the MMCS; maybe there is a jumper that i need to close or open to enable video audio playback?

Map Version: H
Software: 2007
CDDB: updated it yesterday from Mitsu website. But it looks to be old as well.

Regards......

Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Alright fella's

First off thanks for all the findings, all the hard work you guys have put in here.

I ran through the procedure and everything went good. After I restarted from the xbox cd and pulled the cd out, hooked by other hard drive back up, booted into windows i didnt see the drive. After troubleshooting a little bit i realized the drive wasnt spinning at all anymore. I dont know if I did something wrong, or just was a fluke accedent but the drive is 100% dead now. I tried it in a laptop and with a ide cable on a desktop but nothing. Im going to take the car into the dealership in the morning and see if they will fix it without noticing that I took the drive out ( hopefully ). But if they do and it voids the warranty then what are my options after that? I never got a chance to clole the drive. I was gonna clone it with acronis but i couldnt get it to see it.

When I plug the hard drive back in my car I get the following error and then it just stays on that error the entire time its on which makes perfect since being as the drive is dead.

It is difficult to read the hard disk--
Wait for a while until the hard disk is restored.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM

If you were careful when you pulled the drive, I doubt they would notice.

If they don't fix/replace it for ya, I wonder if a clone of someone elses drive would work for you. Don't know what kind of data (VIN, vehicle specific stuff, etc) is store on the drive.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM

Yeah I was careful. That's what i was wondering if a clone/image was tied to the car it came from. Ill post back tomorrow when I found out what the dealer said. Ty rip14

Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 AM

I'm 99% sure you hooked the ide cable the opposite way.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 AM

I'm a computer tech I do this stuff all the time so its unlikely but yeah there is always that chance. Nobody's perfect but even that usually doesn't stop a drive from powering on. Unless these drives are that delicate.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jhyatt1271
but even that usually doesn't stop a drive from powering on. Unless these drives are that delicate.
Try reversing the IDE cable again on a working laptop drive and see if it survives, because it's usually toast right away.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 PM

Well I took it to the dealership and they of course they didn't have a clue what was going on. They had to open a tech ticket with Mitsubishi to tell them what to do. It will next Friday before I have a chance to take it back cause I'm going out of town Monday morning in the car. I have a 14 hour drive to make in a car with no music .

Does anyone have a image of the OS uploaded anywhere or can anyone upload a ghost or some other image? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I grabbed a new drive from the office before I left. Its not automotive grade but its just going to be temporary.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by jhyatt1271
I have a 14 hour drive to make in a car with no music .

Ouch!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Default Australian version!

does anybody know how to find out what version we have for the australian market? our MMC does not have the hard drive nor the "set" and "navi" keys to hold down to check what version it is.....

it has a similiar user interface but i believe may be an entire new platform.

its for the 09 Outlander RX

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS