Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010 | 04:19 AM
Smile

Finally..
I was able to unlock using the laptop.
I wanted to clone the drive so I had a spare but wasn`t successful using acronis.
To you guys who are successfully using cloned harddrives in your car-any advice on make and model of drive to use?

Last edited by wiseowl; 09-13-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-02-2010 | 12:20 PM

Hi all

I tried to unlock and replace the hdd with the instructions in the first post. I could unlock the drive with no problem. But now, when I put the drive back (The original drive) in the car, i got the following message on the display (Not exactly, but something in this way):

"Hardly to read the harddrive. Wait until the drive is beeing restored..."

I have been waiting now for appr. 3 Hours (With turning off the engine sometimes) but the message is still there. I think the drive needs to be locked again, but this long ?!?

Someone has an idea? What can i do?

Thanks a lot

Greets
mrnice

Old 11-03-2010 | 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by mrnice
Hi all

I tried to unlock and replace the hdd with the instructions in the first post. I could unlock the drive with no problem. But now, when I put the drive back (The original drive) in the car, i got the following message on the display (Not exactly, but something in this way):

"Hardly to read the harddrive. Wait until the drive is beeing restored..."

I have been waiting now for appr. 3 Hours (With turning off the engine sometimes) but the message is still there. I think the drive needs to be locked again, but this long ?!?

Someone has an idea? What can i do?

Thanks a lot

Greets
mrnice
Hi,
I think You accidentally changed something in partition structures

Look here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...344#post265344
I started thread about MMCS HDD content description, partitions table, MBR, first track, list accepted /unaccepted HDD's, content (will be uploaded) for peoples in trouble like You

Why You didn't backup image of HDD or Partiton table first?
I don't see really right answer for You, I think it's necessary to correct partition structures/contents
What You can do is also:
burn CD with ImgBurn and insert into MMCS DVD drive but I don't give too much chances
Which version of MMCS Aplication You have?
Last version with DVD in Motion Allowed for european EM is 40.11
http://rs763.rapidshare.com/files/38...4011.NODVD.ISO

Last edited by WiValdiBB; 11-03-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2010 | 05:32 AM

Hey thanks for the other thread. I have an ghost image of the original hdd.
I will try the CD/DVD and rebuild a new hdd from the image with your information.

mrnice

Old 11-05-2010 | 03:24 AM

AUSTRALIAN MMCS - OVERIDE SEE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDLaymAiDA

Old 12-09-2010 | 12:47 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks to your useful threads, I was finally able to unlock my MMCS HDD and replace it with 160GB hard drive, 5400 RPM !!!! Now I am about to save around 3000+ songs on the same unit (crazy!)

One mission is left: Replace EU map with my region Map. It is not that easy as we know, since to install a new / updated map version needs a small key to be inserted before running the CD.

Can anyone assist? Thanks all.

Old 12-10-2010 | 04:15 AM

Hi Dernayka,
I have been keen to clone the harddrive from my MMCS for sometime.
Have you got the 160GB cloned drive installed into the car and working?
If so could you tell me the make and model of the new harddrive as I know that some will not work.
With regard to replacing your maps, I successfully updated my maps by simply copy and pasting the new map data (I had downloaded from the internet) over the original on the MMCS harddrive.This worked no problem and no key needed.

Old 12-10-2010 | 06:17 AM
Cool

Hi wiseowl,

The HDD model details are here: http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/p...=specification

I had to compare it with the existing one in the MMCS, Toshiba, http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Pat...ucts/MK4036GAC

Toshiba HDD was made especially for cars industries, as what the datasheet says, but it is extremely slow compared to Samsung. I am experiencing that speed now especially when I hit 'next' to change tracks or when to rename it. Not that needed speed but it was obvious.

Now Samsung can't stand the heat that Toshiba can. Temperature details are included in the above links. I am still trying the new Samsung in my car (so far no problems) my only fear is the temperature. But still, 160 GB? I am taking the chance

As for the map, I reside in Dubai and couldn't find any GCC map. It is all about Europe, Japan, US and AUS but nothing about my region. The fact that the key is not needed, is great, but I still need the map

Let me know please if you can assist with that... I have another problem with my MMCS that I can share it with you if you have the time . . .

Thanks

Old 12-11-2010 | 03:18 AM

Thats interesting because according to this post https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...344#post265344 ,the SAMSUNG Spinpoint (HM160HC), 5400rpm, 160GB/8m/PATA is listed as NOT compatable.
I can see from the spec of the Samsung that operating temperature could be an issue for me in the UK anyway (-14C last week).

Old 12-11-2010 | 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by wiseowl
I successfully updated my maps by simply copy and pasting the new map data (I had downloaded from the internet) over the original on the MMCS harddrive.This worked no problem and no key needed.
Do you have the link of these maps?? please

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS