Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

info button on 2007 vs 2009 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:40 AM

I'm from Canada too, and right now they are desperate to sell cars. I bought my 09 a month ago, and I was able to get about 3200 off the sticker. Plus I'm sure you can make them throw in a couple of accessories to..... Mudflaps, visors, rubber mats, stuff like that.
I'm not the greatest negotiator either, and looking back on it I probably could have gotten more out of my deal....oh well.
BTW dont take any of that extra crap they try and sell you after....rustproofing, fabric protection, stuff like that. Its a big money grab for the dealer, and Mitsu's warranty is good enough as it is.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 AM

Hey outpack, how the hell did you do that ? what was the sticker price on your LS and how much did you pay at the end (without the taxes) ?

Did the salesman gave you a price and you just told him that you would like to buy it at 3200$ less than what he just gave you ?

I'm looking into buying the ES 4x4 model.

It's kinda funny that you say that they are desperate to sell cars cuz I live in Winnipeg and in the 2 mitsubishi dealership that we have they don't have anymore 2009 outlander so I'm just affraid that the salesman is gonna tell me to take a hike if I low-ball him because there might be a list of people waiting to buy that exact outlander. anyway if you could give me an example on how the conversation went, it would be appriciated.

Sorry that's a lot of questions

Thanx man

Originally Posted by outpack
I'm from Canada too, and right now they are desperate to sell cars. I bought my 09 a month ago, and I was able to get about 3200 off the sticker. Plus I'm sure you can make them throw in a couple of accessories to..... Mudflaps, visors, rubber mats, stuff like that.
I'm not the greatest negotiator either, and looking back on it I probably could have gotten more out of my deal....oh well.
BTW dont take any of that extra crap they try and sell you after....rustproofing, fabric protection, stuff like that. Its a big money grab for the dealer, and Mitsu's warranty is good enough as it is.

Last edited by halfasleep; 07-02-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 AM

The dealer near me has quite a few Outlanders on the lot. The salesman had given me all the numbers, $440 a month over 84. I told him that I would go home and look over the numbers and come see him again next week and probably sign up then. He asked me what it would take for me to sign right now. Without putting too much thought in the matter (my mistake) I said make the payments 400 even a month, and put in a remote starter in the truck. Looking back I kinda wish I 'd asked for the XLS for the 440 price, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
I dont remember the official prices off the top of my head. But you can probably work it out from the numbers with a 2.8% interest rate.
Going near the end of the month helps as sales always try to boost their numbers before month-end.
Hope this helps

Old 07-02-2009, 05:54 AM

Thanx , it helps a lot. I guess it's better to try to negotiate the monthly price than the full price. I'm looking at 60 months at 1.8% interest and I'm also puting about 4000$ down and hopefully they'll take my 1996 pathfinder too, I want 3000$ for it.

What province do you live in if i may ask ?

Originally Posted by outpack
The dealer near me has quite a few Outlanders on the lot. The salesman had given me all the numbers, $440 a month over 84. I told him that I would go home and look over the numbers and come see him again next week and probably sign up then. He asked me what it would take for me to sign right now. Without putting too much thought in the matter (my mistake) I said make the payments 400 even a month, and put in a remote starter in the truck. Looking back I kinda wish I 'd asked for the XLS for the 440 price, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
I dont remember the official prices off the top of my head. But you can probably work it out from the numbers with a 2.8% interest rate.
Going near the end of the month helps as sales always try to boost their numbers before month-end.
Hope this helps

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 AM

Gatineau, Quebec.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Here in the US many credit unions and banks have car buying services for their customers that allow them to buy new cars at a set amount (for example $200) above dealer cost. If the manufacturer is offering rebates you also get them taken off the price. How it works is the bank/credit union has agreements with local dealers who participate.

Don't know if Canadian banks have anything like that, but if they do you may want to check it out.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:57 PM

Well it's done, let's just say that I got a very good price and I got the fog lights installed on top of that. I went to 2 different dealership and I got 2 very different experience. The first one didn't really want to give me any kind of discount and he was very pushy and the second one was very relax and gave me more than what I was expecting. I'm in Winnipeg so for those of you who are from here, the first one that sucked was Vickar Mitsubishi and the one that was great was Waverly Mitsubishi. I would recommend Waverly to anyone that wants to buy a Mitsubishi.

Thanx guys for all your help

Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Nice job. Enjoy your Outlander

Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM

O I forgot to say that I got the LS at the same price as the ES.