Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ipod connection on XLS model

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Default ipod connection on XLS model

Hi Guys. I'm just new on this forum. I just bought an outlander XLS with the navigation, (all options included) and I just can't find the aux input for the ipod. Is it the one on the bottom on the folding display. If it is, will you be able to close the LCD display if something is pluged on the bottom of the screen???? Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Default RE: ipod connection on XLS model

You need an adapter (Ipod to RCA) and plug into the AUX jacks located behind the center console at the bottom behind a small access door.

Put Radio or NAV into AUX and you have sound.

Know one really knows what the small plug is for the nav (located when open under display panel)
I have seen a pix for nav update somewhere with a dongle.. maybe it will be required to use, just dunno.

Old

Old 01-07-2008, 01:51 AM

In European models input is here:

Single blue wire - 12v power, you can use it.
Pack of multicolor wires - that is aux input.It can be usedafter installing new connector like RCA etc.
See, in your model may be same.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. You guys are awesome!

The blue wire is bundled with the Aux input wires? Mitsubihi shouldn't be doing that. Its like you are welcoming noise particularly engine whine on your system. I pretty sure that if I use it, it will be noisy.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:01 AM

I think every low voltage (ex AUX) sound wiremust have an electric shield (co-axial). Elsewere all sound systems in a car will be noisy.
Our russian guys used this blue wire w/o any problems.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:27 AM

I don't uderstand what socket I need to connect the iPod to the multi-wired connector in the car. The one in the car is a flat type of connector and doesn't look like RCA, as suggested above. Or do you just cut the existing connector and replace it with e.g. (not very nice looking) RCA?

Old 01-12-2008, 02:35 PM

I guess you can't find "direct" cable to connect iPod to Outie in this case (when your Outie don't support iPod officially).
You should find a smart men who knows what is a soldering-iron. He will install any terminal you want.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM

He all-

I just picked up my new 2008 XLS AWD with the three packages and my new 2008 instruction manual says that there are two types of Auxiliary connections on this automobile. The first set shown are the RCA plugs at the base of the middle console. The second (according to the manual) are shown to be located in the cubby area behind where the ashtray should be located - directly ahead of the automatic shift ****. I was told that Mitsu added a "better" AUX input on the 2008 models, but I can't seem to find it. My car has the RCA jacks located in the lower part of the console (in the back, etc.) It's all very frustrating to have a highly technological automobile, only to have a back-***-ward connection for your MP3 player. Fortunately, I don't listen to many different musicians, so 6 GB of storage holds ALL my music. If anyone else finds anything, let us know...
[8D]