Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

just want to confirm - door lock programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Default just want to confirm - door lock programming

Hi,

just want to confirm if the driver door unlocking (when you touch the handle)can be programmed to unlock all doors on an XLS without Nav ? In the manual it seems to say you can...but guess what my wonderfull dealer told me this morning that it cannot be done... I have some real doubt on that, but I could be wrong.

I will have also to call Mistubishi Canada for the paint on my bumper cracking, the service manager saw it and agreed it is not normal, he cannot see any impact (no scratch whatsover...bumper looks new and car has 4000km) ...but he still tell me it is normal for plastic ifthere was an impact... he doesnt want to make a claim to Mitsubishi and wants me to share cost with him to repaint.....well no way I am going to do that!

So far I love the car, but the dealership experience is really not enjoyable at all....

Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Default RE: just want to confirm - door lock programming

My US XLS with Nav can change to where you touch the door handle it unlocks all the doors. I know you dont have Nav, but its in the options menu where you can make a decent amount of changes. Like blinker and rear wiper settings.

Changing the doors to all unlock when touching the handle was one of the first changes I made, love it.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM

great tx! It confirms what I thought...and the dealer has no $#%# clue of what can be done with their product...when you know more about the car then the guy repairing it...its not a good sign....

Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM

..........so without nav system it CAN be done ? ? ?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM

well if someone can get it done with the nav....it means the option is there in the CPU somewhere, it just means that for us (unlucky or poor guys without nav) we need to go to the dealer to get it done....but just dont go to mine!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

I guess all of the Navi options can be done manually but it could be some are not documented in the manual. I have the Navi and I did set for all doors to unlock with FASTKey.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 PM

I did it on my XLS without Nav.

At first, the tech was not sure that it can be done. I saw in the user manual that it can be done so I show him the page

Heplugs the computer, do some clicks and finds the right option.

Did it in 5 minutes and said that I was the first to ask for it.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Hey, I have the Outie With Navi package. Just bought it as well...Have a LOT of bad experience while buying the suv as well...I wanted to know how do you change these settings if you have a Navi Pack...??

Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Yea mine unlocks all doors too I have the navi unit. I went into the settings under equiment I beleive and you have to go to locks.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Yea, I did that too on my outie w/ nav, it makes much more sense to open all doors.
If you have the MMCS, hit the SET button (bottom left corner, above OPEN) and the select EQUIPMENT (right side of screen) and then POWER DOOR LOCKS (I think) and scroll down until you find it. There is a lot of other stuff you can set, I spent like 20 minutes going through it once.

Quick Reply: just want to confirm - door lock programming