Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

just want to confirm - door lock programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Question Hmm interesting.

Originally Posted by ZuluXls
Hi,

just want to confirm if the driver door unlocking (when you touch the handle)can be programmed to unlock all doors on an XLS without Nav ? In the manual it seems to say you can...but guess what my wonderfull dealer told me this morning that it cannot be done... I have some real doubt on that, but I could be wrong.

I will have also to call Mistubishi Canada for the paint on my bumper cracking, the service manager saw it and agreed it is not normal, he cannot see any impact (no scratch whatsover...bumper looks new and car has 4000km) ...but he still tell me it is normal for plastic ifthere was an impact... he doesnt want to make a claim to Mitsubishi and wants me to share cost with him to repaint.....well no way I am going to do that!

So far I love the car, but the dealership experience is really not enjoyable at all....
It would be cool see picks/years/models/experiences shared so that we can take great car of our vehicles Happy Holidays to all and remember Knowledge is Power.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:17 PM

I tried the 5 second programming on my 07 Outie no NAV with Rockford Fosgate. It did not open all the doors at the same time but instead--SET THE CAR TO BEEP THE HORN AFTER PRESSING THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY ONLY ONCE INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 2.

I don't have the FAST KEY. I've always wanted to set the beep after only one press of the key fob so Thanks. Hopefully, the setting for unlocking all doors will be found soon.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by alim
I tried the 5 second programming on my 07 Outie no NAV with Rockford Fosgate. It did not open all the doors at the same time but instead--SET THE CAR TO BEEP THE HORN AFTER PRESSING THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY ONLY ONCE INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 2.

I don't have the FAST KEY. I've always wanted to set the beep after only one press of the key fob so Thanks. Hopefully, the setting for unlocking all doors will be found soon.

It's because you did it in reverse...
If you release the UNLOCK first, you change the Horn toot not the doors.

My Owner manual page 3-48 and 3-49 check yours in that section.

If you release the LOCK first you change the door unlocking pattern.

For the horn confirmation Do it twice as you need to move from position 0 to 2 in the system and you need to hear 2 chimes, not one.
One chime is position 1 and the same as default position 0
Two chimes move it to position 2 and add horn confirm on one press.

Last edited by Claude_A; 12-31-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: correct mix up