Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Leaving the Outtie Life :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Default Leaving the Outtie Life :(

Well, due to changes (age of grandkids) (Size does matter) I'm trading in my 07 XLS for dare I say Suzuki XL-7 Luxury.

Its not for the features, it's for the 3rd seating that fits little ones above the age of 10 safely. (And a bit independantly), and for some odd reason, my back has had a bit of an issue with the seat. No matter what I set the power seat, my back hurts. If i'm not in the seat my back gets better.
Test driving the XL-7 my back was in major hurt, but due to the softer seats in the XL, it started to simmer down. Reason to test that theory hey!

So I ripped out my Nav Unit thats is pre-wired and modded for backup camera. And yes I took that out too all complete with books and all (License plate type)

What I will miss-
Nav, Sirius and Music Server MMCS (Or Until I get something in thats like it)
Pedal Shifters (now to regress back to like my 05 Outtie)
Blue tooth (Worked but never answered incoming calls Was the phone)
Not using a key to start.. Wow, back to normal use
Storage..

What I retain are-
Sun/Moon roof..
6 CD changer (No Amp like the RF)(no sat radio either) So this is a like and not exact

I have no clue what this model comes complete with, but will find out before I sign on that line,,

Old

Old 05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Default RE: Leaving the Outtie Life :(

I wonder if its possible to install the navi unit & sirius module in a different vehicle. Sure all the vehicle specific functions wouldn't work (no CAN communication, i'd assume), but I'd assume it'd be enough for the navigation to function (via gyro & GPS) and audio/music server.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:23 PM

Suzuki XL7 is what I drive now as a loaner through my insurance. My Outtie has been vandalized and needs parts to be replaced, still waiting.
I can tell you that XL7 (3.6L V6 24V) has a lot more kick in it but prepare for an average 15L/100Km fuel consumption.
Additionally, the engine is loud at high revs. I don't like some interior, but otherwise it's a decent car.
Leather heated seats will keep your back and bum warm in winter.
Due to the third row seat the trunk capacity is too small.
The PanasonicDVD system for the rear passengers with wireless remote and headphones is sure a nice feature.
Headunit has two slots CD and DVD and you can play all your MP3s on a DVD which is a lot of playback time.
I'm positive you will get used to it and if not then aftermarket accessories will help.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Sad to see you go. Will you at least stick around the forums?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Sebba:
I will always be here.. No problem there..

HandyPal:
Thanks for the info.. I hate to loose the Blue tooth, got so use to it.. I will get that installed.
I currently have Leather, but for some reason it feels like a big ole ball against my back towards the middle.
But the 3rd row was also a concern, esp when the guy rocked it and it did kinda sounded unsafe.

Does your rental have NAV and if so, it it GM or Pioneer?

The Nav I have to see.. I know this is a GM clone, so maybe I can adapt to it..

And I just paid for a 1 yr on my Sirius!!