Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

LED Floor illumination Outlander Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:56 PM

Also, please note on the first page of this thread there is a list of materials with links. The wire taps with male disconnect are way easier to use than the tap in squeeze connectors. There is very limited space down there and if you dont get the connecter on right it is a pain to get it back off.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by atx25rs
great write up. can we get some pics of the add a fuse connection? theoretically this would also work for over head lighting right, same process, just relocating the lights to the roof. my sister is always complaining when strapping in my niece in the back seat.
Yes this will work for wherever you want to put these strips. The current draw for LEDs is minimal and shouldn't overdraw the circuit.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jmant83
I poured over the service manual and I do not see any mention of how the floor illumination kit is installed. In the end I decided to install my own LED strips using an Add-a-Circuit to get +12v to them and grounding them at the dome light switch wire. I was going to add a relay for a manual switch but decided it was too much of a hassle. A little later on I can provide a more detailed tutorial, but that will probably wait till i get my side emitting DRLs installed.
The dome light switch c-416 where we put the add a circuit, is this the same location for an 09 outlander?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Step 6: The power:
Because the dome light is negatively switched we need a source of constant +12v that is available even if the car is not turned on. This is accomplished by locating the Dome light fuse and using the Add a Circuit. I used butt connectors to split the single wire from the Add a Circuit into four wires with female/male connections. Connect each of these to the + wire for each LED strip and heat shrink.
Step 7: The ground:
Locate the Yellow wire exiting the C-416 connection at the ETACS-ECU and use the Quick splice with Male disconnector to tap the wire. You will need to create a sort of ground wire dongle in a similar fashion that you split up the +12v connection in the previous step. Connect the one end of the wire dongle to the splice and the other end to each of the negative wires of the LED strips and heat shrink.
I have an 09 Outlander and I'm unsure of the connections, we are getting the +12v from the fuse, but where is this located (specifically which fuse?)

Then the ground is the C-416 connection yellow wire?

all these are located on the driverside lefthand side by the door correct?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by xOutlanderFiendx
I have an 09 Outlander and I'm unsure of the connections, we are getting the +12v from the fuse, but where is this located (specifically which fuse?)

Then the ground is the C-416 connection yellow wire?

all these are located on the driverside lefthand side by the door correct?
I do not have the service manual for the Outlander, only the Outlander Sport so I cannot confirm the exact location of either components, but if you look at the back of the cover to the fuse panel you should be able to locate the correct fuse to tap(or you could just start pulling each one till the dome lights go off with the door open and the car off).

Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 AM

I do not have the service manual for the Outlander, only the Outlander Sport so I cannot confirm the exact location of either components, but if you look at the back of the cover to the fuse panel you should be able to locate the correct fuse to tap(or you could just start pulling each one till the dome lights go off with the door open and the car off).
ill try pulling each fuse to see which one works, thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:41 PM

Nice Tutorial. Thanks. I might try it on my 2013 RVR.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM

I came across this http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Insta...MZ360353EX_OUT
LANDER_SPORT_PG1.pdf

My wife totaled her 2012 Outlander sport and I snatched the led lights for the front and the rear hatch.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:42 AM

This was easy to follow thanks for the write up