Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS software upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Default MMCS software upgrade??

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a 2007 Outlander for my wife, which has MMCS etc. Whilst it has pretty good sat-nav functionality, my TomTom is probably better - though this could be due to the fact that my MMCS is running the original "B" software, 2005 maps by the looks of things, etc. etc.

Does the later software support full UK postcode searches (WR10 4PA), or am I stuck with the basic postcodes (WR10 4) that I currently have?

Whilst I can see that there are ways, if I remove the HDD and unlock it, that I can update the actually maps - are there any ways to update the actual MMCS software/firmware to a newer release?

Obviously one solution is to purchase, at huge cost, an MMCS update disk from Mitsubishi - but are there other options, that could be "more cost effective".

One idea that springs to mind is ghosting the disk from a more recent Outlander/MMCS and loading the ghost image on to my HDD. Has anyone tried this? Does it, or could it work?

If it hasn't been done I'd certainly be happy to try it, if anyone could upload a ghost or any other image of their MMCS that I could download/FTP?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated...

Shades