Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.
View Poll Results: A poll
Short Ram Intake- $149
42.11%
X bar front strut brace- very minor mod( yes one)$139
5.26%
Straight strut bar- NO mods necessary$79
15.79%
Underdrive pulley/ belt $129
5.26%
Piggyback/ software $459
10.53%
Axxis Deluxe brake pads $79
0%
Ported intake manifold $359 plus $200 core
21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

yeah i had aftermarket hids on my endeavor and i really pissed some people off haha....not looking for anything that crazy for the outlander....just want a nice whiter bright light and the bulbs to last awhile..... i have the projector style headlamps so they make the stock bulbs even look decent but i need something alittle whiter..

has anyone installed fog light bulbs is it a easy task? into the stock fogs i mean

Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM

ya its just as easy.

theres a little screw you take out and the unit comes off the bracket. the bulb switches out like the headlight one.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:13 PM

hi guys,
lost our internet last wednesday or so; just got it back today. well, got the strut-bar and the wheels and tires on friday; battery got here too. since i had dry, no; bloody humid, weather on saturday, i tackled the weapon-r intake. what a chore for a 'custom' piece....it turns out that, i must add here that besides poor eyesight, i'm one of the smartest dummies i know...i didn't notice that my car has a mass airflow sensor like honda and some other makes, not that large honeycomb one that i had on my expo, or that i saw on a 2006 evo, and that after looking under that hood. upon doing that 'what the hell am i gonna do now' monkey dance like in 2001 space oddysey, i took the plunge, and committed my air box to the trash bin by performing a maf-ectomy....long story short, except for the 5 or 6-inch weapon-r elbow and filter itself, i have a 'custom' intake like the 'house that jack built.' i had to make two trips to loews; i so dislike home-depot, to get rubber plumbers fittings and gaskets to fit either side of the excised tube which held, quite fast i might add, the sensor (i couldn't loosen those bloody screws without marring them) which at 2.75 inches or so, is now a bit of a restriction with all the rest at 3 inches, with a prominent 4 to 3 inch thick, black rubber reducer on the aircleaner. after all that 'creativity,' i thought it might not fit behind the battery, but thank the lord it did. aftter finishing up in the dark, i had no inspiration left to even consider the new battery....i left the 'ram' air scoop on like dirt did; it's aimed right at the filter, so it gets some cooler air....i justified using all those plumbers fittings as the original intake tube is rubber, so why not? other than being a whole lot louder under load, it seems to work best at part throttle where i've gained maybe a couple or three miles an hour at any given engine speed; or maybe like 250-300 rpm's at any given roadspeed; as far as quickness 'off the line,' i don't know for sure, as it still has the restrictive exhaust. anyway, it was worth it dehydrating sunday putting the new wheels on....but then i had to field my father-in-law's quiz as to why i needed them, and what use was the strut-bar other than a new way to spend money i didn't have....i was quite happy on my way home from work today, sailing down the double-s off the rt 440 exit ramp; the tires grabbed almost like an evo's, and the strut-bar seemed to smooth out the bumps and potholes....thanks dirt!!! should i continue to ramble on? i have to get that camera so you guys can see my ham-fisted intake, and the nice gunmetal wheels; well, i think they look nice with the dark silver paintjob....

Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Great...but now I don't have a one-off RRM strut bar, but at least I got the first one...lol. I'm thinking of "designing" a slightly different strut bar if RRM will entertain the idea. Congrats on the intake, it was a fun little experiment, wouldn't you say? And the wheels...I need to see those as soon as you get pics. Do you mind if I ask how much they set you back?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:22 PM

hi dirt, and all,

this is my second attempt to post....dirt, thanks again for the strut-bar!!! maybe you can talk them into fabricating a stiffer rear sway-bar!!!??? forgive me, i can't 'let go.'

i bought the wheel/tire package from discount tires, whose people go out of their way. the wheels i bought were my third choice and more than the others; they were like $140 as they shaved a few $ off; the bfg tires were $82, and as they were a second or third choice as well, they threw in the $45 mounting kit! those prices compare very favorably with tirerack and other on-line distributors.

yeah, after all that, the completed intake exercise was 'fun,' though i have a slight regret that i bought the weapon-r before i stumbled on the rrm site and saw that r/a intake made to accomodate the maf my car has. that would have been a 1-2-3 install, with little or no aggravation. even so, i think the intake doesn't look all that bad, but i'll try to get that camera as soon as i can so you guys can be the judge(s)....

Old 08-03-2006, 02:20 PM

If I can get like 5 people to show serious interest in it, I will ask the feasability of the rear sway bar upgrade and estimated price. Let's get some people to post interest, but they have to be willing to make the purchase as well. I'll post a new thread and see if anyone responds.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 PM

that would be great!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:57 PM

hmmm...the final price???

Old 08-13-2006, 11:58 PM

anyone who installed a intake, did it make the car sound any better or perform any better....
I would like to get one as my next mod but i was wondering which is the best and sounds good

Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 PM

As you may or may not know, I have a custom intake and you can hear it pulling the air in until about 3000RPM's and then it just pulls and quiets down. With the AWD it's hard to pinpoint the gains, but I know it didn't harm my car any. I would love to get to a Dyno and see what differences the mods I have done made to my car, but I don't have an AWD baseline Dyno. I would also be disappointed to see that only 130 HP make it to the wheels....lol. The intake is a necessary mod to make anyway The MIVEC changeover seems to be pretty defined at this point with my car.

Quick Reply: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?