Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.
View Poll Results: A poll
Short Ram Intake- $149
42.11%
X bar front strut brace- very minor mod( yes one)$139
5.26%
Straight strut bar- NO mods necessary$79
15.79%
Underdrive pulley/ belt $129
5.26%
Piggyback/ software $459
10.53%
Axxis Deluxe brake pads $79
0%
Ported intake manifold $359 plus $200 core
21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?

im thinking about getting the road race intake since it bolts up no problem..and i heard good things

Old 08-15-2006, 12:57 AM

They say the SRAM is good for 1 sec off the 1/4 mile time or something to that effect- I'm not sure I believe that, but again- designed for the R/A Lancer it may do it on the Lancer. Anyway, I don't think you would be disappointed with a new intake at all.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM

my weapon-r was a pain, but only because it's made to accomodate the older maf. rrm's has the aperture for the probe-type maf in the 2006 outlander; however, it utilizes the oem rubber intake tube with its 90 degree bend towards the front, and might not leave enough room for the oem air scoop. though my intake is half custom with its rubber plumbers fittings, it does seem to give me just a little more 'oomph' than i had with the oem air-boxes, especially winding it out to about 4000 rpm before 'banging' the gears; (thanks punisher!!!) it pulls a bit better, and really 'growls!!!' now if could do what dirt did and get those headers, cat, and muffler....but i really need that sway-bar!!! woe is me....

Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM

...lol...woe is all of us who want performance out of our Outlanders right now. RPW out of Australia has a new cam design they are finalizing, but don't have any dyno info yet....and it's about $600. Better be pushing some decent numbers with it. There are a lot more things I want to do, but the money factor is always an issue.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM

you said it!!! too many dependents i can no longer claim tax deductions for, and not enough sheckels....

Old 08-18-2006, 04:13 PM

Performance mods on the Outlander are like walking through 3 feet of snow naked....it's a hell of a trek, but when you get where you want to be, everyone will be looking.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:41 PM

yeah and just keep ams evolander in your head and youll want to spend more and more....and soon youll be to where everyone will look

Old 08-18-2006, 07:48 PM

well if everything goes right with the new srt-4 caliber, we may finally see somethings come out for our engine.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 PM

yea that would be pretty cool to get some more parts available

Old 08-20-2006, 03:13 PM

True, but that is also a DOHC and has some different internal designs, but it's still a 4G69 although only Mitsu will be uning the 4G69 designation. The DOHC setup will only give us an additional 8HP initially, which was rather depressing. But, alas, we may have a way into the performance market after all. The SRT4 will definately be coming out, and Dodge is getting 300HP out of it. It may well have been worth the wait. We need ALL the specs and to break them down and see where there are significant differences aside from the turbo.
As for the AMS Evolander.........I hate them...lol. They have too much money to play with and on top of that, it's not a 4G69[:-], it's an EVO VIII driveline swapped into an Outlander with Airtrek body parts. Damn, talk abouit some cutting and pasting.

Quick Reply: Which mods would you be most likely to buy?