Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Move DRL from Low beams to Fog

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Default Move DRL from Low beams to Fog

This forum has inspired me to do a few mods to my outtie. One thing that I have ordered and am going to install is HID. I was going to do the Pin swap to move DRL from the the low beams to the parking lamps but was thinking it would be much nicer to have the DRL moved to the factory installed fog lamps since I never use them and I noticed that factory installed HID's have DRL in the fogs anyways.

I am willing to do minor splicing or the use of proper connectors if anyone has figured out a way. I was thinking doing the pin swap to move the the DRL to the parking and the using a plug from the parking light harness to do the fog lamps but this would create a high load to the parking lamp wiring without the use of a relay and if I had to do that, I might as well install HID there too..

ANY ideas anyone?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by mahicks3322
This forum has inspired me to do a few mods to my outtie. One thing that I have ordered and am going to install is HID. I was going to do the Pin swap to move DRL from the the low beams to the parking lamps but was thinking it would be much nicer to have the DRL moved to the factory installed fog lamps since I never use them and I noticed that factory installed HID's have DRL in the fogs anyways.

I am willing to do minor splicing or the use of proper connectors if anyone has figured out a way. I was thinking doing the pin swap to move the the DRL to the parking and the using a plug from the parking light harness to do the fog lamps but this would create a high load to the parking lamp wiring without the use of a relay and if I had to do that, I might as well install HID there too..

ANY ideas anyone?
Be careful, fog lights on Outlander are 55W each (at least on 2010s), so you may need an extra relay.

BTW 2010 Outlanders with HID light use middle part for DRL (outer is HID and inner is turn light).

Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Be careful, fog lights on Outlander are 55W each (at least on 2010s), so you may need an extra relay.

BTW 2010 Outlanders with HID light use middle part for DRL (outer is HID and inner is turn light).

thanks Vadimus. You and I are going to become penpals at this point! I enjoyed the russian Outtie site an gots some answers btw. Though I like Russian vodka best, the website was second only to it!

Anyways....It is for a 2008 XLS w/o factory/dealer HID but with factory fog lights. I was thinking the same thing about the relay when I was posting and thought it was a good "second choice" for the mod. An Etac program would be my first choice though. I am not sure it is possible though after looking at the way the DRL and the headlights and the foglights are wired in the manual...