Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MP3 Jack or Something, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Default MP3 Jack or Something, Need Help

Hello!

I had my Outie for about 4 months now, and I still havn't bother to use the MP3 Jack yet. In fact, I do not really know how to use this. I read the manuel and didn't really understand, so my next sources, would be of course, you guys! My guess that the MP3 jack is use for me to connect a MP3 player or iPod to my Outie so the sound system on the Outie would play the songs on my iPod, right????

How can I do that, can someone please tell me??

(Sorry for helping, my other car was a 97' Tercel Base, so all these technology is somewhat new to me)

Thanks So So Much!
SR

Old 02-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Default RE: MP3 Jack or Something, Need Help

1.You will need an RCA jack adapter for your mp3 player.
2.You have to plug it into the RCA jacks at the bottom of the center console (only accessible from the back seat unless you are a contortionist).
3. Once plugged in, you will need to set the stereo to the Aux Input setting. You will get an error about not able to display while driving. Just ignore it as it is for the video part.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Makes more sense now...=)
About the RCA Jack Adapter, about how much would this cost, and can I just get it any electric store???

Do I control the playlist on my iPod or the screen?

Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM

The jack adpt should be less than 10 dollars. It goes from something like 3.5mm to rca jacks. What ever the port on the top of your ipod is. You have to control the music from your ipod though. Kind of better than your radio controlling it. I have found scrolling through your ipod is way faster than using your radio to go through all the songs.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM

If you have an authentic Ipod, you should be able to find a Ipod to RCA adapter as well, for about 15$, I'm not sure if it better than just using the mini jack. I have seen some that also have a power input, so if you want to be creative and also rig some power you could use it to recharge the Ipod.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Thats the problem, with rca jacks you cant power your ipod. So that is why I use the small hole on top to rca jacks. When my ipod is low on battery I use the oem ipod car charger. With using the top port for music you have full ability to charging it on the bottom.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 PM

What is the port on the Navigatation??? When you open the flap face to put in the CD, on the Navi Screen (Top) have this little port, what is that?

Old 03-01-2008, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: ShortyRider

What is the port on the Navigatation??? When you open the flap face to put in the CD, on the Navi Screen (Top) have this little port, what is that?
Some people say its for tech's at the dealer ship only. For updates and such. BUT, my dealer told me its a AUX input for mp3 players and such. I dont use an Ipod so I cant try it. So someone that has an Ipod or other mp3 player should plug in an aux cord to it and see what happens...