Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Multiple warning lights on

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 06:36 PM

Car has been at dealer since Monday, they have no idea. Says battery is fine. I have a ‘15 lancer gt but I know it shares most of its part with the outlander sport. They cannot tell me why my car is having these multiple issues and I’m not sure where to go from here. If they can’t figure out anything by next Monday they will make me pick it back up, with nothing resolved. Looks like I may have to research lemon law? Car only has 9000 miles on it.

Old 11-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal Bynum-Wynn
Car has been at dealer since Monday, they have no idea. Says battery is fine. I have a ‘15 lancer gt but I know it shares most of its part with the outlander sport. They cannot tell me why my car is having these multiple issues and I’m not sure where to go from here. If they can’t figure out anything by next Monday they will make me pick it back up, with nothing resolved. Looks like I may have to research lemon law? Car only has 9000 miles on it.
I would escalate this by calling Mitsubishi North America Corporate. If there is another dealer close by I'd take it to them if you can. That is the Achilles heel of Mitsubishi I think is there are still too many poor dealers in the network. There are enormous differences between dealerships for service competence. If it's still under warranty then they are obligated to repair it. It almost sounds like a faulty ETACS unit. I had similar errors on my 2015 Mirage intermittently and they ended up replacing the entire ETACS unit. Never had another issue again.

Last edited by inuvik; 11-08-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:56 PM

Yes, it is still under warranty. I bought it new in August of 2016, it was a leftover on the dealer lot. I was told bumper/bumper was effective from date of purchase, 5 yr or 56,000 I believe. I’m obviously nowhere near the mileage. Should be good until august 2021. Not many dealers near me and hard to keep going back and forth (missing hours, work, etc). This sucks. The issues are totally random when they happen so they don’t want to do anything if they can’t reproduce the problems at the dealer even though I have multiple videos of the issues happening.

Old 05-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Default This same thing has been happening for over a year!!!

Originally Posted by Robertczar
Hello people.
Do you have this before?
(ASC Off, ABS OFF, "service required", engine warning ligths on, 4x4 off)
every mechanic finds something new to charge me for promising it will fix all the lights until….I drive away and they all go back on 😩
please tell me Someone has found a solution to all these lights going of on the dash!

Last edited by acasey246@gmail.com; 05-09-2022 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 08-22-2023, 07:14 AM

The common problem on the ASX that causes this is the right rear wheel sensor (ABS Sensor) or the bearing in the right rear hub, the sensor reads the revolving bearing to give ABS, SRS, 4WD their information, get your codes read to see if it relates to this.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:17 PM
Default Multiple warning lights ABS, ASC, 4WD

Originally Posted by acasey246@gmail.com
every mechanic finds something new to charge me for promising it will fix all the lights until….I drive away and they all go back on 😩
please tell me Someone has found a solution to all these lights going of on the dash!

I am wondering if anyone has found the problems / solution?

I’ve been getting the runaround here from multiple Mitsubishi dealers who say they don’t know what the problem is.

My problems started in January last year driving on snowy roads at night. Multiple warnings came on, ACS service, ABS, 4WD. Car died and drained the battery. Changed the battery and it happened again in April, then November and January this year. Sometimes the problem would be mild if I was able to pull over and turn the engine off quickly enough. And other times it would go into zombie mode immediately.

Appreciate anything you have been able to find out - apart from any more criticism of Mitsubishi dealers being incompetent or thieves.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:36 PM

I am wondering if anyone has found the problems / solution.

I’ve been getting the runaround from multiple Mitsubishi dealers who say they don’t know what the problem is (no codes are coming up, apparently).

My problems started in January last year driving on snowy roads at night. Multiple warnings came on, ACS service, ABS, 4WD. Car died and drained the battery. Changed the battery and it happened again in April, then November and January this year. Sometimes the problem would be mild if I was able to pull over and turn the engine off quickly enough. And other times it would go into zombie mode immediately.

Appreciate anything you have been able to find out - apart from comments about the incompetence of Mitsubishi dealers or thieves.