Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

4WD Lock flashing - ABS Light - Check Engine P1773

Old 03-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Default 4WD Lock flashing - ABS Light - Check Engine P1773

When I'm driving at 35 MPH at 1500 RPMs, no lights on. Then RPMs rise without accelerating and then the lights start flashing: ABS and 4WD. If I shut it off and restart, the codes will clear but will return after 1-2 miles. Same thing happens, RPMs go up and the lights start flashing.

Before the above happened, I had no service lights on. I had taken my Outlander to be serviced because it needed an alternator and had a front end noise. The mechanic had to remove the ABS sensor which was damaged and also replaced the right front wheel bearing. After I picked it up from the shop, the above started within driving it a couple of miles.

Any suggestions? Their shop is closed for the weekend and I thought I would eliminate anything that I could - for example if there was just something that might not have been hooked back up right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy12
When I'm driving at 35 MPH at 1500 RPMs, no lights on. Then RPMs rise without accelerating and then the lights start flashing: ABS and 4WD. If I shut it off and restart, the codes will clear but will return after 1-2 miles. Same thing happens, RPMs go up and the lights start flashing.

Before the above happened, I had no service lights on. I had taken my Outlander to be serviced because it needed an alternator and had a front end noise. The mechanic had to remove the ABS sensor which was damaged and also replaced the right front wheel bearing. After I picked it up from the shop, the above started within driving it a couple of miles.

Any suggestions? Their shop is closed for the weekend and I thought I would eliminate anything that I could - for example if there was just something that might not have been hooked back up right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Red flag # 1- a shop that is not open on Saturdays..usually a pretty busy day...Red Flag # 2....a shop that doesn't road test a vehicle after a repair..at least 5 miles to make sure everything works properly.

This "mechanic" obviously caused this problem during his "repair". Just go back...tell him to make it right. Sometimes these guys do more harm than good.

Best of luck

Old 03-18-2017, 04:23 PM

Yes, I guess it does sound that way. But, we have a used car lot and take many, many cars to these guys. They said they did take it for a test drive after they worked on it. I am taking it back to them to be fixed but I had hoped maybe there was something obvious that I could check on myself this weekend.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM

to me, sounds like a bad wheel speed sensor. that will throw ABS errors. There is no "abs sensor" on this thing. Wheel speed sensor feeds ABS & transmission computers.

I had one go out on me early on at 45k miles. Went into a limp home mode. if the computers can't see how fast the wheel is spinning, it can't tell how hard/fast to pulse the brakes and it can't tell how much tire slip there is to adjust power front/back in 4WD mode. So you get no ABS and you only get 2WD mode.