Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

4WD LIGHT FLASHES AND ABS ON STEADY

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Default 4WD LIGHT FLASHES AND ABS ON STEADY

Hello and I hope someone can help me. Recently the 4wd indicator light started flashing when in 2wd and the ABS Light stays on constantly. Any advice will be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Default RE: 4WD LIGHT FLASHES AND ABS ON STEADY

We'll need more input. What year is your vehicle? Is it a Sport? Is it equipped with ActivTrak (Super Select) 4WD?

Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM

I found this on montersportonline.com in the FAQ section, so I guess if you have the bigger Montero it may not apply.

Q- My 4WD light keeps flashing intermittantly or My ABS light suddenly came on for no apparent reason after a few miles of driving.... wha happened?

A- Most common problem for the 4WD and or ABS light flashing is due to the failure of the 2/4WD switch located on top of the transfer case or the front diff Freewheel engagement switch in the front differential. Since the Multimode ABS looks at these switches to determine what ABS mode it will use, anything that doesn't "jive" with these switches will trigger the ABS light. To free up these switches, put it in/out of 4wd a few times while driving on a straight road and see if that frees up the switch. It is also good practice to engage the 4WD system every now and then during the summer months when 4WD is not neccesary. This will keep the switches nice and lubricated with warm fluid and my prevent them from binding up during the 1st winter usage.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks. It is a 2000 Montero Sport. I do not believe it is ActivTrakit has the shift lever to go from 2wd to 4wd low and high. I believe the ABS light came on when I had the brakes worked onunfortuately it was a driveway repair by my neighbor and maybe the rotors were replaced at the same time.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 AM
Question pajero sport dakar 2.5 gls 4WD light NOT working

HI and Respect !!! I want to ask question about this topic.
Vehicle is Pajero Sport 2003 GLS. It has vacuum pump on alternator, it has two solenoids, it has vacuum reservoir, actuator and four switches detectors - two on transfer box upper behind shifting levers, one between transfer box and transmission and one on the vacuum actuator housing. So it has front wheels locking - engagement and it should be activated on 4L ???
The problem is this: green light on the dash board is going on only when ignition switch is ON before engine start, after starting it's going OFF It is no flashing or blinking it is just OFF it is not detecting 4WD in 4H and not detecting 4L it is not flashing and not blinking it is dead. I have been driving this vehicle constantly in all positions of transfer like 2H, 4H and 4L and all is working exept front diff lock - the system is not working it has been working by the signs marks on the actuator lever.
what i did i removed detection switches and all four of them were stuck so i rework them with WD40 and when put them back i get this:
- 4WD indicator no matter in which positio of transfer lever is FULL OFF continiuty test ~ Ohms, and removed i get this situatin of zero continuity when i pressed the switch nipple in but released was 0 Ohms continuity;
- one of detection switches was switching between 4L and 4H and the other one black connector was constantly ON..
Can Someone Please Explain what is or what could be the problem? Please?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by kreillylaw
Thanks. It is a 2000 Montero Sport. I do not believe it is ActivTrakit has the shift lever to go from 2wd to 4wd low and high. I believe the ABS light came on when I had the brakes worked onunfortuately it was a driveway repair by my neighbor and maybe the rotors were replaced at the same time.
Since your ABS light came on after the break job, then it is possible that a wheel speed sensor got damaged or disconnected during the repair. A malfunctioning wheel speed sensor will trigger ABS warning light.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:55 AM

Hi everyone!

we have a L200 2016 4x4 tdi.
and 2 cars have flashing 4wd light and Abs - Astc lighting.

dose anybody know what that can be happend?