Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

My Outlander GT came with a remote. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Default My Outlander GT came with a remote. Now what?

Hi.

I purchased low mileage (4K) 2014 Outlander GT from CarMax which they had transferred for me. It was the only way I could get a GT where I am located. There weren't any in stock around here and the price CarMax asked was good. This car has a lot of extras and I am trying to get to know it all. It came with a remote starter control. CarMax didn't know anything about it, and I can't find much online about it either. It has five buttons but when I press any of them all I get is a little light on top of the control saying 'SWlock'. I am assuming this is something I can't get to work since it's not mentioned in the car listing or anywhere else, but I would like to ask here what his control can do, and if it's a way I could get it to work if I want to?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM

Here are the operating instructions for the remote start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...te%20Start.pdf

Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2014Outlander
Here are the operating instructions for the remote start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...te%20Start.pdf
Thanks! I guess my Outlander came with the remote but without the remote start installed since I followed the instructions and nothing happened. Strange supplying the remote by itself though.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Yes it is strange. The antenna is in the driver side pillar going from the dash to the headliner. Its pretty obvious if you pop the cover off. Most everything else is behind the kick panel on the drivers side. Might want to check for a loose wire or blown fuse.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:34 AM

I wouldn't rule out that remote start is installed yet. I had the dealer install mine after I bought the car from them. After it was installed, they told me car is ready the remote and instructions are in the cup holder. So it took me a few minutes and I eventually figured it out. Not very straight forward and let me know if you need the full instructional manual.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:40 PM

I have the same remote start installed on my 2012 Outlander. Do you know if there is a way to disable the unlock kill switch? While it is running with the remote start kit, if i unlock the doors or open them, the remote start turns off right away. My previous remote start kits on other cars would run and i could unlock the car and get in then put the key in thew ignition. Any help would be great.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 PM

I don't believe there is an easy way without messing with the car wiring or maybe even having to reprogram the car computer ... I am not sure about your 2012 model, but if it also has a traditional ignition key slot, then I saw in a Subaru forum that the guy put a card like a credit card and used velcro over the drivers door switch (keeping the door switch always pushed down). That way he starts the car with the remote, gets in, and just turns the key and his car never detects the door opened in the first place. I was going to try this as my car has a plastic cap on where the traditional ignition key would go. However, I removed the cap and there is no ignition key slot on my steering column. A lot of other automakers and aftermarket remote starters allow you to open the doors or hit unlock and the car continues to run