Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Nav Head Unit Pulled - NEW UPDATE with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Default RE: Nav Head Unit Pulled - Now my real challenges begin

Quick question, are you guys cutting the RCA jack to connect the wires into the back of the stereo? I went to look at a camera and the had a RCA jack off of the back.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Sorry, I am new here. When you guys connected the wiring from the camera to the back of the nav unit, did you have to cut the rca jack and seperate out the 2 wires? Or did you use a RCA adapter?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone knew if external monitors can be hooked up to the mmcs unit, and if they will be viewable while in drive. Thanks to anyone can help me with this. I have called all the dealerships around here and they do not know jack about the system

Old 05-21-2008, 06:00 PM

When I tried to put it back on, one of the white clips fell inside the "hole" is that ok though? My hands are too big and cannot reach inside deep.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM

OK RDENIS I WANT YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!
I live in Greece and I havea 2008 Outlander (sunroof, full MMCS no RES)and as I have read that thewire HARNESS that connects RES & MMCSis missing.... That actually cripples RES AS YOU CAN ONLY WATCH DVD USING WIRELESS HEADPHONES..... (Imagine my two sons on the backwearing these headphones for2-3 hours......).I am currently thinking of INSTALLING an aftermarket or even a DIY system with DVD/TV...SO my questions are:
1. Do you happen to know if theVIDEO OUTof MMCS to RESis always active even if NO RES IS INSTALLED? or is itactivated only after RES detection ????
If yes one might take this video out signal and feed an aftermarket or DIY RES system so both MMCS and REAR system play the same thing.... (I have some thoughts on it... I'll post them later...)
2. I saw you had success in enabling rear camera detection by GROUNDING A WIRE...
CAN WE DO THE SAME FOR RES??????????
I have also seen your answer regarding MMCS-RES communication to an italian friend in another thread:
'Step 1: Determine if the MMCS Head Unit can communicate with the Rear Entertainment System
You need to connect awire between Terminal 6 on C-10 on the back of the MMCS Headunit to Terminal 14 on D-6 on the Rear Entertainment System'
Can we do the same here? Is this also a grounding case? If we ground Termina l6 on C10 can we have RES enabled?
IF YES THEN ANY AFTERMARKET RES CAN BE INSTALLED AND BOTH SYSTEMS CAN COMMUNICATE WITH VIDEO IN AND VIDEO OUT...with MMCs even enabling it's selection
IFYOU ARE STILL EXPERIMENTING WITH MMCS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD CHECK IT???
3. AUX IN AND RES HAVE DIFFERENT-SEPARATE INPUTS. AM I RIGHT??? (If yes we have two different inputs available for MMCS provided that we can enable MMCS..)
4. There was a post regarding an S video connector on the back of MMCS .. Is thisVERIFIED? Is it a true S video connector or something else? finally
5. As you know the whereabouts of this car especially of the room behind MMCS: Can someone place some extra cabling from MMCS down and beneath the centre console (below ash tray, gear lever etc)to the place where the aux video in cables are?I would like to feed the extra video out of MMCs if activetogether with the existing aux in there...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM

has anyone tried replacing the oem radio unit and installing the nav display themselves? if so, how hard is it to do? im contemplating whether to go the dealership and have it installed since they're asking for way alot of money for it. got the nav unit online for less than half the price of the dealership, now its just a matter of whether i do the install myself or let the dealership.. any comment on this. thanks!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:13 PM

Hi bdo. It's very easy, I installed it, only I to take with my dealer for the ETACS reprogramming and paid 10 dollars. . .

Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
Hi bdo. It's very easy, I installed it, only I to take with my dealer for the ETACS reprogramming and paid 10 dollars. . .
cool.. so does anyone have detailed instructions (with pics preferably) on how to install it? ofcourse i'd also need to know how to take out the existing radio too..

so what was the programming for? ETACS?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM

does anyone know what the nav install kit consists of? harness, module, etc.. does it come with the dash mold/kit as well?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by bdo_mokz
does anyone know what the nav install kit consists of? harness, module, etc.. does it come with the dash mold/kit as well?
Yeah:
1. Audio Navi System (MZ360140EX/MZ306141EX)
- Audio Navi unit
- Screws
- Installation manual
- option coding

2. Installation bracket kit (MZ360160EX)
- CENTER PANEL
- Can box
- GPS antenna
- Sticker RockfordFosgate
- Bracket assy
- Bracket can box
- Harness
- Screws
- Screws tapping
- Instrction manual

cool.. so does anyone have detailed instructions (with pics preferably) on how to install it? ofcourse i'd also need to know how to take out the existing radio too..
a) Install instructions are on the kit
b) Look in this thread, post #1, is the same procedure

so what was the programming for? ETACS?
ETACS = Electronic Time & Alarm Control System (computer on board)
About re-programming, it's neccesary to change the status of the AND option (Audio Navi. Display) from NOT PRESENT to PRESENT

Quick Reply: Nav Head Unit Pulled - NEW UPDATE with PICS