Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Nav Head Unit Pulled - NEW UPDATE with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: Nav Head Unit Pulled - Now my real challenges begin

ORIGINAL: rdenis

<snip>

The only other input I need is the signal from the camera that it is active which would force the interrupt to display the rear camera.
I am just talking theory here... but wouldn't the camera be live all the time? (I mean with the car on) and the Nav unit responsible for switching the display on? I.E. when in reverse. So then you wouldn’t need any other special connections for the camera. The camera would just need power and to have it’s video output connected to the Nav at 47 C-7 ??

Please tell me if I am way off base here…

Scott

Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM

No you're not necessarily way off base. It all depends how the interrupt is generated and recognized. e.g. In our 06 Odyssey, the camera turns on when the rear signal lights are powered. The camera then sends an interrupt signal to the headunit which switches from Nav display to camera display.

What I am trying to do now is get the MMCS to, at the very least, recognize a camera is connected. The good thing is it does not use the CAN bus communication protocol so I don't need to have it activated like the satellite radio does.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
JMC

So wait...you want me to pull the Navi so you can see if I'm telling the truth? Why don't you just worry about yr ride and do it yourself if you don't believe me. If what I paid seems too much then that's my problem. I've done all the same mods on my 1st Gen which I showed pics as proof...where were all you new guys then? I'm not here to BS anybody...so get off my case. I'm sorry you're so lame that you can't get the same things done.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:11 PM

How about help the group out and take some pictures of what the installer did?

Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
JMC

Why can't you guys go to a place and get it done or ask some questions to an installer? I don't want to pull my Navi at all.....

Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

So wait...you want me to pull the Navi so you can see if I'm telling the truth? Why don't you just worry about yr ride and do it yourself if you don't believe me. If what I paid seems too much then that's my problem. I've done all the same mods on my 1st Gen which I showed pics as proof...where were all you new guys then? I'm not here to BS anybody...so get off my case. I'm sorry you're so lame that you can't get the same things done.
I think he didn't mean that at all. I think he only meant to know where the RCA signals go. But hey, this is Spaaaarrtaaaa, errr, America, so we're free to do what we want or do not want. If you do not want to do it, that's perfectly OK. A "no" is a no, so we get the message loud and clear.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
JMC

I just see no reason to pull out my navi to find out where the camera was connected when you can just go to get it done like I did. What if I pull the Navi and something happens? I really doubt anybody here will give a shizz or help me out.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:40 PM

I think this issue here is there is a lot of people here that are *very* interested in getting this done. Many of us do not have access to shops that have this level of expertise. I for one have called 4 local shops here, and received the same answer from each, which was they have no idea how to do it. The dealer had no clue as well.

The only clue that it can be done is from this forum, the 'hidden serivce menu' and JMC, and so we are looking for as much information as possible. Pulling the radio is simple. If you were close I would offer any assistance needed. (I near Sacramento)

I would have no problems calling the shop you went to and finding out what they did, please feel free to PM/email me that info. I could then try this and pass on the info to the forum here.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 PM

As I mentioned, you don't need to pull your Navi. Just post a picture of the Service Mode screen as I detailed above.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Yeah I'm throwingdown the BS flag.

Quick Reply: Nav Head Unit Pulled - NEW UPDATE with PICS