Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

In need of some Input

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Default In need of some Input

Hello everyone,

I searched on the internet to find a Mitsubishi forum because I feel it's best to find out first hand from owners of what they think of the cars. Reviews are nice and all but the expectations are high and wide for cars. As a casual driver among others, we know whether a car is worth the money or just falls flat.

So, I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD model. Personally, of all the SUV's I find the Outlander to be one of the nicest looking which attracted me to it. Not only that but the warranty is excellent. I've never owned a Mitsubishi car before (Have had a Honda and Toyota) so this would be my first.

Basically, I want to know if the cars worth the price tag (Comes out to be around $33,000 canadian). I have driven it in a test run and I agree with the reviews that it's a little loud when you begin to speed up. However, other than that I found no faults in this car. It's stylish, has some good power and is roomy/comfortable.

What would you, as owners, say about it? Highly recommend? Well worth the buy? Will be happy/unhappy with this car? (Also, I love the Lancer model. Was really hoping to get that car but already own a Matrix and we need something alittle bigger. Shame, maybe in a few years!)

Not sure whether the majority are from the states here or in Canada. I myself am in Canada. Should be all the same besides the insurance costs. :/

Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM

Buy 3 litres on АКПП. I do not know there are at you boxes variators, I do not advise them, break often.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:09 PM

^^^huh?

Anyways, I love my Outlander.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:25 PM

What year and model is yours?

Any pro's and con's?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 PM

2009 SE.

Got it with everything I wanted except for the hitch.

Biggst piece of advice, get all the features you want now, instead of having to mess around with them later.

Cons:
The 3rd row of seats are TINY. I could not fit back there. Had to bend my neck to try and squeeze in. My wife barely fits, and she is pretty tiny.

OEM tires do not last long. (Haven't had any issue myself, I just know from reading this forum)

The navigation (MMCS) is way out of date. My 2009 came with maps from 2006. They can be upgraded for a price, but they still seem to be releasing maps a few years later then you think they would)

Pros: Everything else. Favorite vechile I have owned so far.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 PM

I have to agree alot with "rip", get the accesories you want with your deal. The OEM tires do not last long, and are in need of a upgrade. The truck can far out perform them.

I've had mine for about 4 months now, an 09 LS V6, and have nothing bad to complain about except the service dept at my local dealer...

Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM

i just gotten a 09 LS v6
lots of power in it and loving it so far
i got it for 33k out the door with 0% financing for 4 years which is pretty good

the only thing i had issue was the dealer. the guy who sold me the car didn't fill up the tank full ... it was half way when i got into the car and drove it away

where do u live in canada?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
tcp
Default Some opinions

I have a 2007 LS with the convenience package. It has the 3l V6 and 6 speed. Honestly, it is a well put together package, with a couple of things to keep in mind. The engine/transmission are top notch. I can see where they can give a 10year warranty on the mechanical stuff. The interior and convenience things are also quite good, but not cushy...more teutonic and functional.

In the two years we've owned the vehicle we've had two problems. the first occured in the dead of winter on a very cold day. After driving a short distance, then stopping for a few minutes then restarting, there was a clunk upon shifting into drive and the check engine light and a few others came on. This was all fixed by a TSB in 2008 for four relays that weren't made for extremely cold weather. hasn't happened again.

The other problem was with the rear windows. They have a tendency to jump out of their tracks and push outwards. happened to ours and needed a couple of tries by the dealer to fix them. This was also fixed under warranty by installing new window track rubber in the doors. Hopefully they've fixed this at the factory level by now.

Other than that, no problems and the v6 is truly a gem.

We, of course considered the RAV4, Forester and CRV while shopping for this vehicle. I would still say the outlander would get my vote again. The only other one that might get me is the v6 RAV, but the price for that is quite a bit higher. The RAV also has a rear door that swings open the wrong way if you park on the right side of the road. The outie clamshell rear door is very functional.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM

I've had my 2007 XLS for 2 years now, and I still am happy I bought the car. Everyone else here seemed to hit on the highpoints. The engine is powerful enough (V6, 4WD) The 4WD has great control in snow. I can only assume they've made advances in the two subsequent years.

The cargo area is great, I can load two road bikes (with front wheels removed) in just a couple minutes. The back seats recline so they are comfortable on longer car trips.

As for the Lance, my girlfriend has a 2009, great car, roomy and good gas mileage. I'm not a huge fan of the CVT though, seems sluggish during acceleration.

This community is also very helpful in understanding your car.