Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New to the Outlander world

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

No way. ****** wire.

EDIT: Wow dude, this forum sucks now.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sebba
No way. ****** wire.

EDIT: Wow dude, this forum sucks now.
hehehe

Edit: you can say "barbing", so you can barb in the present tense, but but if you did a second ago, you are ****ed!

Last edited by ccernst; 10-14-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

This forum needs some serious ****ing reform.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by piast
You made a good choice. I'm still very happy with mine, after two years . There is one thing, you should consider doing right away.
Many owners experienced small paint chips and damage to the bottom of the rear doors, driving on gravel or sandy roads, through construction areas or during winter (sand/salt mix). Seams that high ground clearance, flared fenders and lack of body cladding or mud flaps, combined with those conditions can cause some troubles. Unfortunately, regular mudguards do not totally protect the side of the car, but they do reduce the height of the exposed area on the door flares. You can search this forum for solutions. Running boards, extra long mud flaps or standard ones with extensions (the last setup works for me 100%) seams like effective ways to solve this problem.
On positive side, great handling, perfect safety features, great cargo flexibility, nice gadgets, good looks, good power (V6), and AWD choices.

How did you make the extensions for your mud flaps? Also, where can you get longer mud flaps? I have ssena website that you can order from but they are like $500!! What about Napa or something (I am in Alberta)....

Do all of outlander owners have this issue? I would be curious to hear about ones that live in Alberta where they put gravel and sand down instead of salt....

Would the OEM running boards solve this issue?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 PM
tcp
Default If the price is right

go with the winterforce. Any dedicated winter tire will be a huge improvement over all seasons. I actually run 215/65R16 on the RSi tires. They didn't have the SUV version out when I went shopping in 2007 so there was no 215/70R16. The speedo shows slightly higher than the actual road speed, but that isn't an issue. If you get dedicated winter rims, and don't get TPMS sensors in them, you will have to reset the center info display every time you start the car, and when it updates some info...like if it's below 3C outside or your ABS kicks in.

Originally Posted by newoutlanderfan
YEah, it is Lethbridge Mitsu - they seemed nice enough. I think I will go with the Firestone winterforce - like I said, it's what they are offering and it seems to be pretty close to the price through KalTire. I have heard highway driving may be a bit wonky from a few people, but others say these winterforce tires are fine. I have about 70km highway round trip to work abougt 2 times a week...so I'm hoping for the best.
I only have experience with mazda3 size cars and Nexen winter tires - hence all the questions about the outlander

What size are you running on those winters?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by tcp
go with the winterforce. Any dedicated winter tire will be a huge improvement over all seasons. I actually run 215/65R16 on the RSi tires. They didn't have the SUV version out when I went shopping in 2007 so there was no 215/70R16. The speedo shows slightly higher than the actual road speed, but that isn't an issue. If you get dedicated winter rims, and don't get TPMS sensors in them, you will have to reset the center info display every time you start the car, and when it updates some info...like if it's below 3C outside or your ABS kicks in.

I actually passed on the winter tire package at the dealership..I'm thinking of getting some nokian hakka R SUV....and getting some rims at walmart or something. Speaking of rims, if I get winter rims the same size 215/70/16 (16X6.5 5-114.3) at walmart that are specific to the outlander (according to their book, those would be the same as the winter steelies I would get at the dealership correct (and half the price)?

Also, I went to look under the hood after driving around a bit just to see where things are, and there was dried coolant drops all over the place and hardly any coolant in the resevoir!!!!! I had no alarms or warnings in the dash so hopefully nothing got damaged, so I filled up the reservoir with the universal coolant to the full mark. I was pissed! Maybe the rad cap is faulty since the most prominent drops were driectly under the rad cap (but I can see dried spots everywhere)....ANyone have this issue? I called the dealership and they are going to send a cap down to me (I live 90 minutes away from the dealership). Gotta love the first issue at 300km - ugh.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
tcp
Default rad cap

replace the rad cap and check that first. if the coolant is leaking, run the engine up to temperature with the hood open and see where it's coming out.

The aftermarket wheels will probably be "universal" wheels that are not hub-centric and probably have the wrong offset. Platinum Mitsu here in Calgary were selling aftermarket alloy rims with hub centric rims for $112 each in 2007. I got a set of those for my Hakkas.
You are looking for a set of rims with a 67.1mm center bore, 114.3mm lug spacing and a 50mm offset and 6.5" wide. The aftermarket rims with my winters are 7" with a 45mm offset and they work fine as well. be wary of universal aftermarket rims that are not hubcentric.

You're only going to find the Hakkas at Kal tire and they have a set of winter rims for $114 each. I have the core racing in a 16x7size.

http://www.kaltire.com/retail/custom...ter_wheels.php

Originally Posted by newoutlanderfan
I actually passed on the winter tire package at the dealership..I'm thinking of getting some nokian hakka R SUV....and getting some rims at walmart or something. Speaking of rims, if I get winter rims the same size 215/70/16 (16X6.5 5-114.3) at walmart that are specific to the outlander (according to their book, those would be the same as the winter steelies I would get at the dealership correct (and half the price)?

Also, I went to look under the hood after driving around a bit just to see where things are, and there was dried coolant drops all over the place and hardly any coolant in the resevoir!!!!! I had no alarms or warnings in the dash so hopefully nothing got damaged, so I filled up the reservoir with the universal coolant to the full mark. I was pissed! Maybe the rad cap is faulty since the most prominent drops were driectly under the rad cap (but I can see dried spots everywhere)....ANyone have this issue? I called the dealership and they are going to send a cap down to me (I live 90 minutes away from the dealership). Gotta love the first issue at 300km - ugh.

Last edited by tcp; 10-22-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: links
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by tcp
replace the rad cap and check that first. if the coolant is leaking, run the engine up to temperature with the hood open and see where it's coming out.

The aftermarket wheels will probably be "universal" wheels that are not hub-centric and probably have the wrong offset. Platinum Mitsu here in Calgary were selling aftermarket alloy rims with hub centric rims for $112 each in 2007. I got a set of those for my Hakkas.
You are looking for a set of rims with a 67.1mm center bore, 114.3mm lug spacing and a 50mm offset and 6.5" wide. The aftermarket rims with my winters are 7" with a 45mm offset and they work fine as well. be wary of universal aftermarket rims that are not hubcentric.

You're only going to find the Hakkas at Kal tire and they have a set of winter rims for $114 each. I have the core racing in a 16x7size.

http://www.kaltire.com/retail/custom...ter_wheels.php

So I filled up the reservoir to the fill mark when it was cold. I started driving today and got the temp up to normal (is the temp guage supposed to fluctuate a little??) and then parked it and lifted the hood. Couldn't see any more leaks, but I did see air bubbles going into the overflow tank ( every few seconds). Does this mean there is air in the system? I so, what do I do now? The service person at the dealership doesn't sound like he knows a lot....

I jsut don't want to do any damage to anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks!