Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

odd sirius - missing channels issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Default odd sirius missing channels issue

I dont know if this is a sirius or "my outie" issue.
Hi Guys,

Hopeing someone can help with an issue I have not been able to find a solution to.

I have a 08 cad mitsubishi outlander with the sun and sound I bought used a couple of months back. I called up sirius recently to get our subscription transfered from another unit to my outlander. No problem there but it will not update. for example, during christmas there was an oldie xmas show that had frank sinatra doing radio broadcasts through out december. My wife loves this show channel 147....anyway what apparentlly is supposed to happen is we put the "preview" channel on and it updates the channel subscription. I never get these temp/promo channels as it never updates. I have called sirus many time and they do the same thing. "please go to channel XXX and wait for it to update"
but it only sits at "preview". I cannot for the life of me remember what channel that is but it didnt work anyway.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue? would an antenae replacement fix something like this ?

Last edited by theewz; 01-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM

I have an '07 and was not able to receive some of the Christmas channels either. I was told by Sirius that it is because the receiver is not capable of receiving the "extended" channels. They told me that if I could receive any of the following channels, then it might just be an update issue, if I could not, then it probably was not possible. The channel list was 141-146, 155-158 and 161-162. The rep gave me a number for "Advanced Product Support" 866-463-5326 to call if it still did not work, which it didn't, but I haven't pursued it yet.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MTWallet
I have an '07 and was not able to receive some of the Christmas channels either. I was told by Sirius that it is because the receiver is not capable of receiving the "extended" channels. They told me that if I could receive any of the following channels, then it might just be an update issue, if I could not, then it probably was not possible. The channel list was 141-146, 155-158 and 161-162. The rep gave me a number for "Advanced Product Support" 866-463-5326 to call if it still did not work, which it didn't, but I haven't pursued it yet.
Thanks for your response!

ld love a solution, even if I have to add a new antenae or soemthing else... if it possible anyway.

Let us know if you do pursure what happens as will I.