Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Odd stuff going on in my outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Default Odd stuff going on in my outlander

On an Outlander 2008 and recently it has started to show for no apparent reason a message "steering wheel lock" and an audible fast beeping like quarter second intervals..

This can happen once an hour or every few seconds, it is very random.

So I sit int he car with or without it running and the message will show and the beeping starts. As soon as it came it clears for a while almost like the car is having fun with me.

It is likely some sensor failing, but which.

Now I know the answer might be go to the dealer.. But we have been having bad experiences with our cars going to dealers lately and coming back worse or with original parts swapped for after market parts. Actually the car was gone to the service for 3 weeks and now it feels like a wreck so I am getting to not trust our dealers.

Any pointers to where i can check would be most welcome.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 PM

Check your battery resting voltage and electrical connectors on the battery first.

Also, check the battery in the fast key, if you have a fast key. Make sure you only have 1 fast key fob in the car.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:39 PM

Thank you for replying,

A fast hey is that key which always stays in the ignition?

what do you mean by "battery resting voltage" it is like the voltage a idle?

Thanks again,

Andy

Originally Posted by gggplaya
Check your battery resting voltage and electrical connectors on the battery first.

Also, check the battery in the fast key, if you have a fast key. Make sure you only have 1 fast key fob in the car.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:46 PM

Fast key is the one where you don't have to take it out of your pocket to start the car. It's "fast", otherwise known as a proximity key.

The resting battery voltage is after you shut off the car and let it rest for 5 hours without touching anything. The voltage should be above 12.5v on a good battery.