Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

odom. wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Default odom. wrong

guys i got one hell of a deal today. i saw a wrecked outie the other day and stopped by and asked if the guy wanted to part a few things out. well he said no, but i left my number just in case he decided to change his mind. well, he changed his mind. i was able to get the white face gauges for $30+ mine. but the problem is the odometer reads 22,000 instead of 18,000. is there a way to chang it without sending it to spemco. com and have them calibrate it for $100. i hope there is a way to ghetto rig it so that it reads 18000 once again, oh yeah and the antilock light is on. hope yall can help, peace

Old 02-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Default RE: odom. wrong

Wow! Great find.
Frankly, i didn't know that you'd have to use the same odometer along with the white face gages..shows u what I know. To further prove my ignorance, I didn't know that you could pay $100 to get an odometer reading changed. The ABS light may be an issue since you don't have ABS on your outlander. I'm sure you've already looked for the wire that connects the little light. Other than that, I'm not much help. Still an awsome find!

If the guy with the damaged Outlander would be interested, I'm looking for some XLS tail-lights for around $100 with my trade in of course. Maybe there's a phone number you'd be willing to share?

Old 02-23-2005, 01:49 PM

well the acident was really bad and only 1 of the tail lights is salvageable. but the reason why he sold it to me was because it was something that a average person would just look over if they were to get in the car, and if you were to trade out your lights with that one the car would have perfect red lights and you would walk away with one good clear and a busted one. if still interested let me know but i doubt it

Old 02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
JMC

I'm not sure if you can set it to read 18,000. Take the fuse out that controls the odo and drive until you think yr at 22,000...than stick the fuse back in.
Somebody needs to make EL Gauges!

Old 02-24-2005, 12:21 PM

My car would look kind of silly with just one XLS tail. I'll wait and get a legit pair.

Don't forget that leather shift ****! A couple of screws and it's yours. I'm pretty sure it's standard on the XLS without the leather pkg. but you may want to check.