Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OEM remote start w/fastkey

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Default OEM remote start w/fastkey

Is it actually required to have 2 fobs, if you purchase the remote start? I have an XLS and am pretty unhappy about the need for 2 OEM remotes, these days, with all of the technology these days! Not to mention, they're so big!!!

Otherwise, I couldn't be any happier!

Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Hmm can you elaborate on why the two FOBs are required? So if you had a wife you would need three in essence? Happy Holidays to all! btw what year and model is your outlander?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM

I have both the "fastkey" and remote starter. They are separate and to the best of my knowledge, cannot both be integrated into just one fob. I have the 2011 Outlander XLS/with navigation.

Last edited by Jspsteve; 12-28-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Model Information
Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 AM

Oh cool man I have the 2008 Mitsu Outlander XLS they told me for some reason I could not do the factory oem switch at the Mitsu dealership. Thx Alot! I am also interested in adding a rear cam because I have the Navi as well.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jspsteve
Is it actually required to have 2 fobs, if you purchase the remote start? I have an XLS and am pretty unhappy about the need for 2 OEM remotes, these days, with all of the technology these days! Not to mention, they're so big!!!

Otherwise, I couldn't be any happier!
Jspsteve,

I have a 2012 Outlander GT with OEM remote start. I too am a bit annoyed about having an additional fob for this feature. In my opinion, it is a bit cumbersome to use. We had a GM vehicle a few years ago with OEM remote start and only had one fob to lock and unlock doors, open trunk, set off alarm (panic button), and start the car. One would simply need to hold down the remote start button for about 2-3 seconds to start the car. I would think that a company like Mitsubishi who has developed a pretty sophisticated all wheel drive system, among other things, could develop a less cumbersome system. Oh, and I was told the fob is quite expensive to replace. The dealer where my wife and I purchased our Outlander even offers insurance to cover the remotes in case one is stolen, lost, or damaged! Really, insurance?

Like you, I (we) couldn't be happier, otherwise. The Outlander is a great vehicle.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:51 PM

its possible to get remote start with the factory key fob.... Viper and Audiovox does it... it uses a sequence of "lock" and "unlock" button presses to start the car...

Only thing is you are limited to the short range of your factory key fob