Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ASC working?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Default ASC working?

Does it take a lot for the ASC to kick in? There's been a couple times in the week I've had it that I would have thought it would have kicked in. It surely would have kicked in on my wife's RAV4. I've had times where I've had the wheel turned and sliding straight ahead as well as where the rear started to swing out. I know the traction control works as I gunned it in a parking lot and the display turned yellow and showed that it was triggered. I've had nothing of the sort with the ASC though. I'd like to know so I can get it fixed sooner rather than later as it's probably easier to get the dealer to do it under their 1500 mile used car warranty rather than get Mitsubishi to do it under the 5/60k.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by cerps
Does it take a lot for the ASC to kick in? There's been a couple times in the week I've had it that I would have thought it would have kicked in. It surely would have kicked in on my wife's RAV4. I've had times where I've had the wheel turned and sliding straight ahead as well as where the rear started to swing out. I know the traction control works as I gunned it in a parking lot and the display turned yellow and showed that it was triggered. I've had nothing of the sort with the ASC though. I'd like to know so I can get it fixed sooner rather than later as it's probably easier to get the dealer to do it under their 1500 mile used car warranty rather than get Mitsubishi to do it under the 5/60k.
What years ?
what model ?
2WD or 4WD or S-AWC ?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
What years ?
what model ?
2WD or 4WD or S-AWC ?
I guess I forgot some important stuff...

'08 XLS with 4WD

edit: Nevermind. it kicked in on me a couple times this morning. It just waits a little longer to kick in than other systems I have experience with.

Last edited by cerps; 01-23-2012 at 08:12 AM.