Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Opinion on Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Default Opinion on Outlander Sport

We purchased our Outlander Sport new in 2012.We drove most everything comparable at the time,a Honda CRV,Suburu Forester and a Toyota Rav4.While we liked the Suburu we couldn't justify the price and warranty difference.

After 5 years of use I still have mixed feelings about our choice.I never have thought the Outlander had a comfortable ride,it seems top heavy.The CVT transmission is noisy.It is difficult to hear the radio at highway speeds over the sound it makes.Road noise has always been excessive.

In the Outlander's defense I must say that it has been reliable and the AWD feature in our climate has been nice.We had a little issue with getting parts from the dealer for a couple of recalls,but with a call to the headquarters it was quickly resolved

I've seen the commercial's where it is mentioned that there have been many improvements.I'm just wondering if any of these things have been addressed.
Any comments on your Outlander new or old would be appreciated

Old 07-17-2017, 09:41 PM

The New Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is beautiful another vehicle to look forward to is https://www.mitsubishicars.com/eclip...icle-hero-area

Old 07-22-2017, 03:47 PM

I would like to see a Outlander Sport specific forum

Old 09-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Default "Sport" is it not...

I bought a 2011 when they came out and yours sounds about the same as mine did..as far as road noise and motor , it is excessive... I ended up installing sound dampening material throughout the whole vehicle and it helped a lot wit road noise ,but not so much on the motor noise..., 6 years later I still like the car for what it is, doesn't burn too much gas, pretty reliable, awd, no major faults yet(33k),and not many of my style around me so I get a lot if looks and people asking me what it is,lol....2 recalls getting addressed this week...
​​​​​​

Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 AM

Iv'e had 5 Mitsu's here in Canada....4 Lancers and my current 2015 Outlander SE AWC. The MIVEC Engines are well known for noise...The CVT transmissions are prone to noise as well..but both are reliable when serviced regulary. As for interior noise...my 2015 is not bad. Mitsubishi claimed to make 100 Improvements to the 2016 Outlander...they were pushing the fact that interior noise has been greatly reduced....I would imagine the same type of improvements were made for the current Outlander Sport (RVR here in Canada)

The only way is to test drive the vehicle in the exact way you use it daily...Highway/City/Rural roads etc. I personally love these vehicles..have had very few problems..and the AWC is perfect for life in Canada,

Best of Luck

Last edited by Lancerguy2013; 09-17-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:43 PM

I have a 2015. Tranny is SO quiet that I can't tell when it shifts. Zero road noise. No complaints at all!