Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander demo... ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Default Outlander demo... ?

Hello!

Is there a way to figure out if an outlander was used as a demo model at the dealership?

I have been looking around my brand new outlander and I have found stuff that looks a little weird specially for a new model.

The driver's side door panel is scratched with multiple lines (they are not deep but you can see them against the sun)
The weather strip on the back door is burned or what it seems to be burned or melted.
The wiring under the seats does not look factory professional (like **** loads of electrical tape) , I am starting to think I was sold a demo for a new car.

Also I was not told this but the car was charged as a new car with 10km (supposedly for testing , etc)
However when I went to pick up the car it had 60km already (I am not too sure but that's more than 10 minutes of driving time right there)

Anybody has any ideas or explanations?

Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Outlander demo... ?

60k doesn't account for alot of distance. You have to remember that the car is going to pick up some miles during its creation process. Driving it onto the truck, unloading it from the truck, moving it around the parking area etc. My new car came with I think like 75 miles on it. I mean they do have to get the car to dealership so since unless your buying from the factory its going to have some distance on it when you purchase it, they dont teleport the cars to the dealership.

The three things you listed as being examples for it being a demo model are all things that I would say could be picked up during normal transportation of a new car. The wiring under the seat with having electrical tape would make me wonder a tiny bit but how much electrical tape are we talking here. Cause mine does have some on it to but its far from a *** load, some electrical tape is used at the factory for closing the lines.

Now that you purchased a brand new car do yourself a favor and go put a nice big scratch on it so you can not worry about getting that first scratch or ding, cause in the end its going to happen one way or another. Spill a coffee in the center console and maybe some heavily salted french fries and that will take care of worrying about getting the interior messed up.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM

LMAO,

I guess you are right, I am just comparing this car to others I've had before. But yeah I guess nothing can be perfect in all cars...lol

Ignore me...

Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 PM

mine had 100km on it when i got it. but it was because it was transported from another dealership to my dealership since the colour i wanted wasn't available and had to wait 3 days for it to come.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:42 AM

wow, mine had 60K and it had been parked at the dealership since February. I contacted the dealership to ask them about it but they have not replied back since last week... anyway, thanks...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Mine had 23 miles on it which if my conversion math is correct works out to about 36km. At most dealerships here in the US if you pick out a new vehicle you like on the lot, the salesman will let you take it for a test drive, rather than making you drive a "demo" they may have.That would account for at least some of the mileage on new cars. The key point is any cosmetic, or other,problems you may have with your new outtie should be covered under warranty.