Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander front parking sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Default Outlander front parking sensors

Hi all
new member looking for advice please.
Ive just purchased an Outlander 2.2 diesel gx4 2018 and added on the front parking sensors to compliment the front and rear camera.
However the dealer has fitted cobra sensors rather than originals.
They are uselsss. I now have a non original button that sticks out and is very poor quality. In order to park front I push a button on the left side of the wheel then the sensor button on the right hand side behind the wheel. Pointless.
The dealer has said they don’t fit originals as they’ve had too many problems.
Can anyone tell me from experience what the latest four sensor front system is like and how it should work please?
kevin

Old 04-27-2018, 09:44 AM

Hello,
I am also new here but I have been quite active member in the EvolutionM-Outlander Sport forum. Since there has not been any response to your inquiry I share my experience. I have installed two and a half years ago some cheap ($8 US/set off ebay + my time to install) parking sensors for front and rear. They are certainly not original but work great since (I am from Montreal, Canada, so we get our fair share of moisture throughout the entire year). Dealerships charge way too much even for aftermarket sensors (or anything). Check out post #869 in the link below for images and description of my installation. I have modified the wiring of an OEM Mitsubishi switch that fits perfectly to the dash and this is the only switch you need to use the front sensors (+ it is illuminated like any other OEM switch). Instead of going back to the dealership to get ripped off again consider installing something like this. I am in favor of two separate systems for front and rear despite the double screen.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...-today-57.html