Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander - Is it possible to switch Light always on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Default Outlander - Is it possible to switch Light always on?

Dear All,

Greetings to everybody and this forum!

Since few days I'm also happy onwer of Outlander 2009. It's great car, but thanksto this forum I already know lot about "clear" and "hidden" features, so I haven't lot of unanswered questions.

Nevertheless one question I still can't answer by myself nor using search function, is how to configure light to be automatically on when engine is switched on.

In the MMS I saw options when to switch the light on - (Early, Somewhat Early, Normal, Late, etc) - but in this menu there is no option like "Always". So my question: is it possible to configure Outlander to switch light always on, when enigine is started?

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Vadim

Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Default RE: Outlander - Is it possible to switch Light always on?

I have a 08LX and I just leave the head lights switch to ON all the time and never turn it off. When I turn of the ignition, the lights go off and when I start the ignition, the lights go back to ON automatically. You get a minor beep when you turn the ignition off but it still turns the headlights off.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
HNK

On my month old 2.2DiD (European version) I do the same as Killjoy911: Turn the headlights ON and leave the switch in this full, anticlockwise, position. When I turn the ignition ON the headlights go on (together with the rear lights). One on destination,I turn the engine off and do not touch the light switch. Yes all lights remain ON, but no sweat. As soon as I open my driver-side door, a buzzer sounds, the information panel on the dash tells me to switch off the lights and within a second the lights go out automatically.

Another thing that bugs me is the day/night setting of the dashboard and MMCS display. When on automatic the clarity during daytime, with the cars headlights on, is too dim. So I set them to daylight mode on the MMCS and push a number of times on the dash-light button to increase clarity of the console clocks and the information display. And then, in the evening, repeat the whole exercise in reverse order.

Has anyone a solution?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 PM

I wouldn't keep Xenon light on all the time as it will shorten their life... if these are regular halogen... well I have DRLs for that

Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Zox

Hi to all!

Is anybody find a solution, to program somehow the mmcs to delay the headlight switching on, and the mirror folding operation, for 5-10 sec, or to wait until engine is running?
In my country we must drive with short headlights always on, so I leave the headlight switch in ON position (auto turn off when I open drivers door). But now in winter, when the temperatures are below 0 C , the engine must be started with fuel heater (2.0 DID diesel engine) , and wait a few seconds to heater lamp turns off, but in that time the headlights lights turns ON, and the auto fold is working, unnecessarily overloading the car battery before engine is running.
It will be reasonable to have that kind of setting, to prevent battery damaging...
Any ideas?

Zox.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 AM

I have a 2009 LS and my light switch is always on, the lights turn off when the engine is off and I open the door (I hear a bip but it only bips for about 2 secondes) and the lights turn on when I start the vehicule.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Zox

halfasleep,
thats exactly the problem, the lights (and mirror fold) turns on when you turn the "key" to the first position, before ignition, unnecessarily consuming the car battery before engine is running, and it will be useful to somehow set ECU to enable those operations only when engine is successfully started, and alternator is charging. In winter, 2-3 years old batteries cant stand that consumption and there is a risk to get empty baterry. My diesel engine needs 5-6 sec heating, and its not good for battery when lights on, diesel heater is heating and auto fold is working, without charging.

Zox.

Last edited by Zox; 02-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.