Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander TC-SST 2010 issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Default Outlander TC-SST 2010 issue

Hi,
I have a UK model Outlander 2010 model with a TC-SST gearbox diesel automatic. It has 16K miles and is only 8 months old.

The problem is intermittent with the gearbox I beleive, in that sometimes when the gear changes from 3rd to 4th it feels jerky and the gear change is not smooth. it almost feels the car jumps over a small road bump when the gear change occurs. I am not paddle shifting or using the gear lever, it is in pure automatic normal mode.

I took it to the mitsubishi garage as the car is under warranty, they were unable to detect the problem simply because they only had it tested for a day. The problem does not occur all the time only occasionally. The simply returned the car to me, however I will report this to Mitsubishi UK.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what is wrong?
Many thanks

Last edited by mashop; 08-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by mashop
Hi,
I have a UK model Outlander 2010 model with a TC-SST gearbox diesel automatic. It has 16K miles and is only 8 months old.

The problem is intermittent with the gearbox I beleive, in that sometimes when the gear changes from 3rd to 4th it feels jerky and the gear change is not smooth. it almost feels the car jumps over a small road bump when the gear change occurs. I am not paddle shifting or using the gear lever, it is in pure automatic normal mode.

I took it to the mitsubishi garage as the car is under warranty, they were unable to detect the problem simply because they only had it tested for a day. The problem does not occur all the time only occasionally. The simply returned the car to me, however I will report this to Mitsubishi UK.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what is wrong?
Many thanks
Not many people here have TC-SST.
This transmission has two clutches - for odd and even gears.
If one of them fail, you should feel the problems on all 3 gears.

If the problem is limited to 3-4 shift, I'd blame the software.
Ask dealership if they have any firmware upgrade for your transmission.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 PM

Vadimus,

thanks, its very odd this only happens between 3rd and 4th. I just hope its not anything mechanical i.e. the clutch etc.
Anyhow I have it booked in for the 23rd and will post back the outcome. They plan to keep it for 3 days before returing it. Hopefully they will detect the problem and do something about it!
regards

Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Gave the car to mitsubishi for 3 days. they said they performed all sorts of tests on the car but could not replicate the issue.

Like I said the problem is intermittent however when it occurs it does not seem right, it almost feels the gears are slipping between 3rd and 4th.

I am surprised they could not do a software/firmware upgrade. Also am wondering if this is something to worry about as it only happens occasionally.