Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outtie XLS Front Door Armrests....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Default Outtie XLS Front Door Armrests....

Has anyone ever taken the wedge shaped armrestsoff the new Outtie front doors?....They seem to be popped in at the factory somehow (no screws or pinch clips can be seen)...I want to re-upholster them with a different fabric...I don't want to break off any of the little **** that hold them in place...It looks like I need a special tool placed in the right position to pop them off...

Any Ideas?

thanx

Old 05-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Outtie XLS Front Door Armrests....

if you pop the door panel off you can remove them easily, They are screwed in from the back so once the panel is off its two screws if I remember right

Old 05-27-2007, 07:23 AM

Thanks for that info....

Now, how much of a challange is it to remove the door panel? Any special tools needed ? And what do I need to be careful about when performing this panel removal?
In other words, is it a fairly easy job?

thanx

Old 05-27-2007, 07:41 AM

Really easy, I removed mine last night in about 60 seconds.

Get a small screwdriver and pop the cover from the centre of your door handle and undo the screw, same again in the centre of armrest, then at the door edge side of the panel flip the cover off to reveal one last screw. Now pull at the bottom of panel with your hands and it will pop off easily, do this all the way around.

With the panel in your hand unplug the window switch then undo the 3 screws holding your handle on and feed the entire handle back through the panel ( make sure you don't undo the screws holding the cablesto the handle).
That's it complete.